+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boarding domestic flight with unvaccinated kid

amitmahajan82

Jun 14, 2014
Hi All,

I have received COPR and I am flying from Delhi to Ottawa via Toronto towards the end of this month. Can I take connecting flight from Toronto to Ottawa with my 8 yr old kid who is unvaccinated? Please point me to official link mentioning this info, I couldn't find any.

Thanks.

Amit

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I have received COPR and I am flying from Delhi to Ottawa via Toronto towards the end of this month. Can I take connecting flight from Toronto to Ottawa with my 8 yr old kid who is unvaccinated? Please point me to official link mentioning this info, I couldn't find any.

Thanks.

Amit
Children under 12 don't require vaccination for flights within Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel#children

For entering Canada (i.e. boarding flights to Canada), the younger children 'inherit' the status of the adults they are travelling with (ie they can travel with fully vaccinated parents).

Note, I'm not addressing what tests are required, nor any isolation or other requirements on arrival or within country.

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Children under 12 don't require vaccination for flights within Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel#children

For entering Canada (i.e. boarding flights to Canada), the younger children 'inherit' the status of the adults they are travelling with (ie they can travel with fully vaccinated parents).

Note, I'm not addressing what tests are required, nor any isolation or other requirements on arrival or within country.
Hi,

Can you please assist me? We will be flying to Toronto via Montreal. Therefore we will complete our landing in Montreal then take a connecting flight to Toronto. We just received our second dose of the vaccine yesterday so by the time we fly we would not have completed the full 14 days required. Since we are new immigrants, would we be allowed to board the Toronto flight? We have a 2 year old Canadian child accompanying us as well.

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Can you please assist me? We will be flying to Toronto via Montreal. Therefore we will complete our landing in Montreal then take a connecting flight to Toronto. We just received our second dose of the vaccine yesterday so by the time we fly we would not have completed the full 14 days required. Since we are new immigrants, would we be allowed to board the Toronto flight? We have a 2 year old Canadian child accompanying us as well.

Thank you.
The same link above says the following - "New permanent residents and resettling refugees who don’t qualify as fully vaccinated will be allowed to travel onward in Canada in order to get established."

I understand that to mean you should be able to get on the connecting flight to Toronto.

But it's not me who will decide, it will be the airline. Check with the airline.