+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

bephin

May 16, 2020
All the service Canada's are closed and how do we do the biometrics, we checked with POE they told us they cannot do there.

Last edited:

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
All the service Canada's are closed and how do we do the biometrics, we checked with POE they told us they cannot do there.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share what I read on service canada website.

Biometrics collection service disruptions
Your application won’t be refused or closed if you can’t give your biometrics due to COVID-19 service disruptions.

Designated Service Canada Centres
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who need to give biometrics and have not given them within the last 10 years.

Service Canada officers will call you to book an appointment. Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.

Visa application centres (VACs) and United States Application Support Centers (ASCs)
Some VACs and ASCs are reopening. Check the VAC or ASC website before you go to make sure it’s open. In some locations, you may need to wear a mask and follow other health and safety rules.

Find out more about COVID-19 and biometrics

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

I feel like this is a good news better than they will still cancel collecting biometrics right? Hopefully they will book us an appointment soon and quick! Keep safe everyone! Good luck to all of us!