Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
cazrypr said:
I would say kindly email your senator as the bill is at the Senate stage now and express them your views on Bill C-6 and the hardship we have to face because of it. I emailed senator and their positive response next day. Kindly email them.

The link is http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/contact_information.aspx?Language=E
I emails a bunch of Senators 12 days ago. I received a one response today (nether positive nor negative). It's apparent that the Conservative Senators feel ashamed to not stop the Bill C-6 as they voted for bill -24 whereas C-6 turns down many aspects of C-24..

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cazrypr said:
....express them your views on Bill C-6 and the hardship we have to face because of it.

The link is http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/contact_information.aspx?Language=E
Dont know if anyone is facing a "hardship" because of delay in C-6 (?)
Life will continue be the same after becoming citizenship - we still have the same weather, support Canucks or Maple Leafs or whatever....
A lot of my friends who landed in early 2013 (who are all due to apply in early 2017) is now praying and hoping to have the bill delayed so that their processing wont delay because of surge in applicants. Till a few months back, they were all hoping for a speedy implementation! That's human nature and we are all worried only about ourselves and the immediate gains.
Only the WP turned PR, to a great extent are more curious - eventually their time will also come.
The "intent to reside" and stripping of citizenship" is not going to be an issue for 90% of those waiting.

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
ajithpl said:
Dont know if anyone is facing a "hardship" because of delay in C-6 (?)
Life will continue be the same after becoming citizenship - we still have the same weather, support Canucks or Maple Leafs or whatever....
A lot of my friends who landed in early 2013 (who are all due to apply in early 2017) is now praying and hoping to have the bill delayed so that their processing wont delay because of surge in applicants. Till a few months back, they were all hoping for a speedy implementation! That's human nature and we are all worried only about ourselves and the immediate gains.
Only the WP turned PR, to a great extent are more curious - eventually their time will also come.
The "intent to reside" and stripping of citizenship" is not going to be an issue for 90% of those waiting.

With citizenship in hand I can get a much better jobs for which the companies tend to prefer people with passport as it requires a lot travelling to other countries. Plus dont you realize the applicants who came as a student/ work permit been in Canada for 8-10 years should qualify for Citizenship. With any law we talking about kindly do think about all the people who gets affected and not just think about your ownself. Best of Luck

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend...you are still not looking at the bigger picture.
Let's imagine C-6 is implemented tomorrow and you apply within a week. There would be thousands of applications received in a matter of few days...then you wait:
2-3 months for AOR
Then you will every day look at eCAS to see "In process"
Finally after 6-8 months "In process"... then you again wait for a test invite"
And finally you will get a "test invite" after 1 year" and you again wait for "decision Made" and then for "oath invite" and for "oath ceremony"...taking 2 years and more!
Isn't that the real hardship? Unable to plan for vacations?...fearing if RQ is the reason?...requesting ATIP evry now and then...?
I may be exaggerating the figures here. But building a backlog would be very easy.
I will rather hope to have a more efficient and speedy application process and procedure implemented before C-6.
Otherwise, prospective citizens would refer to the "golden days" of processing of 2016 when applications were processed in 3-6 months of time.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I believe there wont be any big effect of 3/5 rule in number of applications. Reducing the 3 step citizenship process ( IO, CJ, IO) to immigration officer only and an increased processing fee will result in still few people applying for citizenship resulting quick processing.

just my point of view...

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
asifmehmood said:
I believe there wont be any big effect of 3/5 rule in number of applications. Reducing the 3 step citizenship process ( IO, CJ, IO) to immigration officer only and an increased processing fee will result in still few people applying for citizenship resulting quick processing.

just my point of view...
A temporary increase in applications should be anticipated when the 3/5 rule takes effect. This is simply due to the fact that the pool of PRs eligible for citizenship will, overnight, increase by 150,000 to 200,000, or more.

As I explained in another topic:

dpenabill said:
Reduced number of applications in 2015, and continuing for 2016, was predictable and predicted. As of June 11, 2015, the minimum period of time a PR had to be in Canada after becoming a PR jumped from just two years to four years, for those who were living in Canada prior to becoming a PR, and from three years to four years for all other PRs. We knew that for at least a full year, following the increase in requisite physical presence as of June 11, 2015, the number of new applications would dwindle to a mere trickle compared to the usual.

A relative "flood" of new applications can be anticipated when, pursuant to Bill C-6, those PRs who were living in Canada prior to becoming PRs will suddenly be eligible as soon as two years after becoming a PR, and other PRs as soon as three years. In other words, the scores and scores of PRs who would have been able to apply in the last year (plus however long it is before the new rule actually takes effect) if the requirement was just three years, plus more given the more lenient approach in giving credit going back five rather than just four years, will suddenly become eligible when the Bill C-6 changes take effect. Virtually overnight, the pool of eligible PRs will increase by at least 150,000 to 200,000, perhaps a lot more. It can be easily anticipated that a significant percentage of this additional number will make an application for citizenship soon after the change takes effect. That is, a flood of new applications can be expected as soon as the minimum requirement is lowered to the 3/5 rule.