+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIL and UCI Not Received: New Portal for Visitors

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello All,

I am a Canadian PR and I invited my parents-in-law to visit me. They submitted their application using the new IRCC Portal under reunification with immediate family member.
It has been over two days but they haven’t received their UCI numbers and not even BIL.
Is it normal?

Also, I cannot see any appointments available for BIL in most of VACs in India, if they pass the 30 days deadline from the date we receive BIL, will it be accepted by VFS?

Thanks in anticipation

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am a Canadian PR and I invited my parents-in-law to visit me. They submitted their application using the new IRCC Portal under reunification with immediate family member.
It has been over two days but they haven’t received their UCI numbers and not even BIL.
Is it normal?

Also, I cannot see any appointments available for BIL in most of VACs in India, if they pass the 30 days deadline from the date we receive BIL, will it be accepted by VFS?

Thanks in anticipation
Now a days everything is unpredictable and if you're worrying about 30 days time limit for Biometrics that can be extended because of covid nothing to worry about just let the visa office know that the appointment is well beyond the 30 day time period. Hope that helps.

ramandeep7712

Sep 3, 2021
Hello All,

Is it normal?

Thanks in anticipation
Hi @samteshwar .. i am also in same boat. i applied for my mother in law on 18th of October but still no BIL and UCI. have you received the BIL for your in laws??

ramandeep7712

Sep 3, 2021
Hi friends

Is anyone able to book biometrics appointment in Punjab, India.??I am trying for last three days but it says no slots available. Please help if anyone knows how to get the appointment. Thanks.

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Hello,

I'm also in a similar dilemma.
1. Received BIL request which needs to be submitted on or before 23rd November, 2021. I have procured a slot as early as I could (anticipating the slots being booked out) but I got it for December 9, 2021.
Anyone who faced this situation recently?
What would be the best approach here?

2. Moreover, my PR application is already in process. AOR August 2021. I have clarified and have attached sufficient proofs (Current employment verification letter, leave approval message) to show my intentions to return back to India.

Would it still be a concern for visa approval?

Last edited:

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
We completed the biometrics on November 11, 2021 after the regular 30 days period and didn’t face any problem.

Now my question is: Will we still hear from them within 30 business days? The 30 business days timeline ends today.