+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big frastruation regarding the medical request.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I have applied for PR + OWP last year September. I haven't received the medical request yet. I also don't think background check started..

All other people from Sep forum looked like they got it early months of this year. Why is my application process too slow compared to others?

What's your personal experience? will it speed up ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for PR + OWP last year September. I haven't received the medical request yet. I also don't think background check started..

All other people from Sep forum looked like they got it early months of this year. Why is my application process too slow compared to others?

What's your personal experience? will it speed up ?
What does your online status say?

None of us can tell you why your processing is slower. You may want to order GCMS notes.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
What does your online status say?

None of us can tell you why your processing is slower. You may want to order GCMS notes.
I heard GCMS notes take a long time. I think I will get my medical request before I get the GCMS note delivered to me. I feel like I just should wait at this point. Theres nothing I can do.. Just very sad that it way longer than other ppl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I heard GCMS notes take a long time. I think I will get my medical request before I get the GCMS note delivered to me. I feel like I just should wait at this point. Theres nothing I can do.. Just very sad that it way longer than other ppl
Are you 100% sure the medical request email hasn't ended up in your spam box accidentally?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My lawyer takes care of if, I have asked him several times. He said I should just wait.
Well then hopefully he didn't miss anything.

I would order GCMS notes even thought it will take time for them to arrive.

Reactions: weirdduck

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
My lawyer takes care of if, I have asked him several times. He said I should just wait.
Maybe your lawyer dropped the ball, it does seem odd. If you go here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en and use your sponsor's client id number, date of birth, country of birth and last name, you can see some updates, so if medicals were sent to you and your lawyer failed to tell you, you should see a message there that says "We sent {YOUR NAME} medical instructions on {DATE} To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Reactions: scylla

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Maybe your lawyer dropped the ball, it does seem odd. If you go here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en and use your sponsor's client id number, date of birth, country of birth and last name, you can see some updates, so if medicals were sent to you and your lawyer failed to tell you, you should see a message there that says "We sent {YOUR NAME} medical instructions on {DATE} To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
I tried to look at the my application by myself but the website says that I'm not able to see it because the application is linked with my lawyers account. He has to disconnect his account in order for me to link my own account newly.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I found out that the medical instruction was actually sent January 4th and my lawyer did not tell me about it.
That's what I figured... That was the most logical explanation.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
That's what I figured... That was the most logical explanation.
My lawyer said that immigration departments have a delay problem communicating each other so even though they have my medical paper and proceeded with it they think I still have to send one. However, I also heard you are not supposed to send your medical paper in advance. so its possible they wanted a new one. but then my lawyer said that they would have called him or send him an e-mail because we would've missed the medical request for 6 months. so its possible my medical is already completed..

I'm super lost here right now tho..

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
btw how do you know if your medical request is completed? my lawyer said we wouldn't know about it via online. then how do other people figure it out?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My lawyer said that immigration departments have a delay problem communicating each other so even though they have my medical paper and proceeded with it they think I still have to send one. However, I also heard you are not supposed to send your medical paper in advance. so its possible they wanted a new one. but then my lawyer said that they would have called him or send him an e-mail because we would've missed the medical request for 6 months. so its possible my medical is already completed..

I'm super lost here right now tho..
Not sure I understand your post completely..

So you completed the medical up front? When did you get it done?

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019

I got my medical done last year november and my lawyer claimed that he sent it around that time. The reason why I did the medical exam was because I also had to apply for a study permit.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019

Does it show
Thank you for your reply, I could actually find about my pr application status. CIC websites says that medical was requested this year Jan, but it doesn't say if it was passed or not. How do you find about it? My lawyer said that I wouldn't be able to find it via website.. I have to send a webform message to check?

Reactions: J20190911