+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big Doubt

srirampv84

Nov 3, 2010
Guys

I have applied for PR thru AEO and i have been asked to take medicals. My major doubt is, after sending the passport how long will they take to give VISA?? What is the validity of that visa?? I am in a pretty decent job here and i have to complete 2 yrs here and planning to start after that. So what will be the validity of the visa which they will be sending after the medicals?

Pls pls clarify

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

srirampv84 said:
Guys

I have applied for PR thru AEO and i have been asked to take medicals. My major doubt is, after sending the passport how long will they take to give VISA?? What is the validity of that visa?? I am in a pretty decent job here and i have to complete 2 yrs here and planning to start after that. So what will be the validity of the visa which they will be sending after the medicals?

Pls pls clarify
The COPR when issued, will be valid for 1 year after the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever expires first.

srirampv84

Nov 3, 2010
dude

i dont understand.. I have got my medical request and i am asked to send the passport to CIC

My 2 doubts,

1) How long will they take to send the passport back??
2) When they are punching the visa, what will be the validity of that visa?? ( Say if i am sending the passport by oct 26th and getting it back by jan 2013, what will be the validity of the visa which will be punched in the passport?? )

This is a very serious issue for me. My notice period in my company is 3 months and i need atleast 6 to 8 months time from the day i receive my passport from CIC

Please clear this doubt guys

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) They send by regular mail. You might want to check with the local post office the approximate time you get passport back from VO
2) PMM already gave you the answer