+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to send money to India?

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
I tried searching but couldn't find any recent thread for the same.

What is the best way to send some money back home? A lump sum amount, not a small monthly recurring transfer.

It'd be great if you guys can share your experiences or give any suggestion.

Thanks!

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto

What is the best way to send some money back home? A lump sum amount, not a small monthly recurring transfer.

Thanks!
No experience, but you can do it using wire transfer and but the one time wire fees. India is not supported in many of the apps like transferwise, but worth checking those out.

CIBC recently launched global transfer as well which has to be better than wire.

Finally some folks do personal exchanges but those can have legal implications when done outside family/friends.

Bhavikjazzy

Jun 3, 2017
Use online services such as Transfer Wise or Xoom. They provide good rates and direct deposit option to all major banks in India. I tried to send a lumpsum through Transferwise and it got delivered in like 3-4 days.

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018

Thanks!
Either Wire Transfer or Money Transfer (either online or in person).
I use both services Wire Transfer (to & fro), it takes a day or 2 to get amount in account.
Money transfers are pretty much same, though you can get amount in 1-2 days with express service and 4-5 days with economical.
Rates vary between the express and economical service.

Good Luck