+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best schools in Gatineau/Aylmer?

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
I plan to move to Gatineau/Aylmer when I receive my PR. I am not sure where to live, it depends on where the good schools are located. My kids speak French (still in day care at the moment) and English. My husband does not speak French but will learn.
Can anyone please advise in regards to the schools?
Also where we come from, there is a lot of emphasis on going to catholic schools as they tend to be the best schools, this is what most people say anyway. Is it the same in Gatineau/Aylmer?

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
lyluk said:
I plan to move to Gatineau/Aylmer when I receive my PR. I am not sure where to live, it depends on where the good schools are located. My kids speak French (still in day care at the moment) and English. My husband does not speak French but will learn.
Can anyone please advise in regards to the schools?
Also where we come from, there is a lot of emphasis on going to catholic schools as they tend to be the best schools, this is what most people say anyway. Is it the same in Gatineau/Aylmer?
Depends on the age of your kids. For primary schools, it's all the same ... but for secondary schools, there are a few that are really good College St Alexandre and College St Joseph both are private schools and then there are the international program within each of the secondary public schools. Check the rating here -> http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/11/06/le-top-5-de-chaque-region

Unless you/your husband are canadian and went to English school in Canada, they your kids will not be able to attend English school in QC.

SH