+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best place to live in Ottawa? Preconstruction project in ottawa

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I am starting this thread due to multiple reasons

1: best place to live in Ottawa ?
2: anyone from Ottawa who knows about on going or upcoming housing projects available for booking?

3: any reputable agent or realtor name or contact details ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Best place to live" are usually expensive areas. In one of your previous post, you mentioned you have budget of up to 100k. I don't think you can afford.

• Haha
Reactions: Norijal

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
"Best place to live" are usually expensive areas. In one of your previous post, you mentioned you have budget of up to 100k. I don't think you can afford.
You are 100% right but I think in Ottawa we can invest lesser than 100 k and could have good life style in 2 years till closing ..( 100k + required money for down payment and mortgage)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are 100% right but I think in Ottawa we can invest lesser than 100 k and could have good life style in 2 years till closing ..( 100k + required money for down payment and mortgage)
You previously indicated that you are driving Uber which means you are self-employed. It becomes more difficult to qualify for a mortgage as self-employed you need a longer employment history. You should be meeting with a mortgage broker to see if you’d qualify for a mortgage and for how much before even considering looking at purchasing houses.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
New home builds are starting around $800k. Here is one builder. Also budget in your property taxes that must be paid each year. Plus budget all your utilities and upkeep.

https://www.tamarackhomes.com

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks for your replies. Mortgage is not an issue for me and I can manage it .
Suppose book a house for 800k less 200 k down payment (till2023/2024 I would hv more cash in hand for down)

600kmortgage would be easily manage plus my wife’s income will support me.. so for the moment I m preferring to book a house with late closing.

please also tell me some more projects and what’s ur recommendation for living in Ottawa?
Like in Ontario east of Toronto until bowmanville is ok.
West of Toronto until caledon is ok.
North of Toronto until Barrie is ok (Donot count North york for living )
South is water ..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Suppose book a house for 800k less 200 k down payment (till2023/2024 I would hv more cash in hand for down)

600kmortgage would be easily manage plus my wife’s income will support me.. so for the moment I m preferring to book a house with late closing.

please also tell me some more projects and what’s ur recommendation for living in Ottawa?
South is water ..
What is your annual income if mortgage is not an issue? Assume you make $100k per year so with your scenario with a 25 year mortgage is about $3K per month. This doesn’t include property taxes, utilities, insurance, general maintenance etc. Interest rates are going up within the next few months too.

All the areas you mention are expensive as they are in the GTA.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
South is water ..
If you just want to list a few landmarks, I would look at:

University of Ottawa, Parliament Hill, Carleton University.- There might be some nearby residential neighborhoods of interest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

South is water ..
Whether you currently can service a mortgage isn’t the issue. To qualify for a mortgage you may need to show 3-5 years of consistent income to qualify as self-employed. Have you been pre-approved for a mortgage? Do you currently live in Ottawa? If you don’t currently live in Ottawa will you be able to work your same jobs virtually from Ottawa and will you have similar incomes? For example, in Ottawa most have their own cars compared to Toronto so the demand for Uber will be different. I would suggest spending more time in Ottawa before buying there since buying a home is a longterm commitment. Commute times will be a large factor if you are considering distant suburbs.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
best thing to do is to visit the neighberhoods, because to be honest, for many of them paying that much for a house isn't worth it unless it's an investment?
we came here in september and did visits and we are so shocked how prices doubles since then... it's crazy but at the same time it's not realistic... We don't think we want to put ourselves in such a pressure just to own... we are ven considering rural
following this thread to see advices from people who are also looking

cangar

May 18, 2018
Hello Guys
This is Garima Sharma. If you are looking for some preconstruction projects in Ottawa.I have some available.Please contact me at 6477731928