+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best area for soft landing

Janani2109

Jul 15, 2020
Hello,

We are planning to do soft landing in September. We live in Chicago. So Detroit is the closest border for us. But we are not planning to cross through Detroit, since I have heard about some bad experiences. Which border crossing is best, peace or rainbow bridge? We are ready to drive till there to do the landing. Also since Canada is opening the borders fully by august 9th do we still need negative covid test? We were planning to stay for a week and come back. Is that ok?

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
I think it depends totally but we were able to do successful soft landing via detroit-windsor tunnel in may

Pmovcan21

Dec 22, 2020
I think it depends totally but we were able to do successful soft landing via detroit-windsor tunnel in may
Thanks a lot for sharing the information. I'm also planning for softlanding via Detroit-windsor and wants to return same day using AVR

Could you please share me the detailed information on what are the documents we should be carrying .
- do we need to carry latest photos ( taken within last 6 months ) for sticking with copr.
- where did you take RTPCR covid test in US.
- did you give friends address for PR card if so did they asked about the address like who is staying in that address currently or so on.
- can we carry food/snacks/water bottles .
- how much we need to carry in cash for paying tool on both the sides .
- we are planning for week day , please suggest the right time to try .
- Also let me know anything specific which we need to consider .
- do I need to install arrivecan app and register if so what are the information needs to be filled .
- Is it mandatory to carry goods to follow list even though not moving on that day .

Thanks in advance!

environmentree

Aug 11, 2019
I would recommend International falls in Minnesota. It was very easy and straightforward and they applied for my PR card as well.