+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Being reported for failing residency requirements whilst in Canada.

Olando

Aug 24, 2012
I was wondering, if you were able to enter Canada with an expired PR card without being reported for not meeting residency requirements, if you came into contact with any government agencies whilst living legally, could you still be reported for failing to meet residency requirements prior to PR card renewal.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it would be very unlikely. Government agencies don't seem to work together that much. Besides, other government agencies will not investigate you towards meeting the residency requirements. That's immigration's job. Are you going to go around telling everybody that you don't meet the requirements? If not, how will they know?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A report is only issued after a determination that you do not meet the Residence Obligation. This determination is only carried out during an 'inspection' process which AFAIK at this time is when applying/ renewing PR Card, applying for Citizenship, sponsorship, applying for Travel Document.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Msafiri said:
A report is only issued after a determination that you do not meet the Residence Obligation. This determination is only carried out during an 'inspection' process which AFAIK at this time is when applying/ renewing PR Card, applying for Citizenship, sponsorship, applying for Travel Document.
No quite right, if CBSA or CIC stumbles over you during another investigation, and determine that you have met your PR obligations, then there is an excellent chance you will be reported.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No quite right, if CBSA or CIC stumbles over you during another investigation, and determine that you have met your PR obligations, then there is an excellent chance you will be reported.
My response to the OP is in regards to a report of inadmissibility only for RO breach. What kind of investigation....surely the burden of proof unless the applicant subjects himself to a RO review by making himself 'inspected' is on CIC/CBSA? Say he had a criminal issue can CIC/CBSA compel him to declare his days in seeking an RO type report? Would this not be under a different 'inadmissibility' reason. Do you have a reference to the IRPA?

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
hey, leon i had question hope u would help with ur ans,, my husband born outside canada n his father was not citizen of canada that time but he gain it after some time than he sponsor my husband when he was under 18 n after 2 yrs my hubby got citizenship as his father is a citizen now my que is we hv got a baby together born outside so is he eligible to become a canadaian citizen??? pls ans me im really worried, my spouse visa is proceeding to finalization i applied for my child's citizen certificate, is there any chance that they will reject d application n if so how can i take my child with me after issuing my visa?? :'( :'(

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
hey, leon i had question hope u would help with ur ans,, my husband born outside canada n his father was not citizen of canada that time but he gain it after some time than he sponsor my husband when he was under 18 n after 2 yrs my hubby got citizenship as his father is a citizen now my que is we hv got a baby together born outside so is he eligible to become a canadaian citizen??? pls ans me im really worried, my spouse visa is proceeding to finalization i applied for my child's citizen certificate, is there any chance that they will reject d application n if so how can i take my child with me after issuing my visa?? :'( :'(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AKHI said:
Yes, your baby is eligible for citizenship because your husband immigrated to Canada and was already a citizen before the baby was born.

If you don't have your baby citizenship certificate yet by the time you have your PR visa, you can ask the embassy to issue a temporary passport for your baby based on your need to travel. You would have to show proof of travel.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
13/3/2012