+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beginners Guide to French TEF exam

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
I am looking for beginners guide to learning French for purpose of TEF. I have no knowledge of French as of now.
Your inputs as to how should I start prepare, material etc is very welcomed.

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
My suggestion is don't see tef exam as it is. At this point of time

Find a French professor or a alliance français I'm your neighbourhood and start classes for a1, a2, b1, b2 by the time you get to b1 look into the tef format and just a glimpse of it.. Then do B2 and if possible write delf b2 exam.. That will give you confidence.. Then at a B2 level you can study yourself for tef or again get a prof for it. Hope it helps
Ps. I have not yet taken the exam still in the process of passing these levels, all the best. You can do it!

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
My suggestion is don't see tef exam as it is. At this point of time

Find a French professor or a alliance français I'm your neighbourhood and start classes for a1, a2, b1, b2 by the time you get to b1 look into the tef format and just a glimpse of it.. Then do B2 and if possible write delf b2 exam.. That will give you confidence.. Then at a B2 level you can study yourself for tef or again get a prof for it. Hope it helps
Ps. I have not yet taken the exam still in the process of passing these levels, all the best. You can do it!
from where u r learning french?

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
from where u r learning french?
You need to find a alliance français in your locality or state and start a1 classes ( 3 months) a2 ( 3 months) b1, B2... By the time you reach B2, just discuss with your tutor and let them know about your tef exam.. You can even study on your own once your in B2 level

But as of now, don't get confused by various options that you might have.. Like online classes.. Or even finding the best professor etc

Just join a a1 class and the rest of things will just fall in place wish you a great language learning journey

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
You need to find a alliance français in your locality or state and start a1 classes ( 3 months) a2 ( 3 months) b1, B2... By the time you reach B2, just discuss with your tutor and let them know about your tef exam.. You can even study on your own once your in B2 level

But as of now, don't get confused by various options that you might have.. Like online classes.. Or even finding the best professor etc

Just join a a1 class and the rest of things will just fall in place wish you a great language learning journey
Brother don't u think A1 in 3 months is very lengthy? Moreover next batch start in the month of may 2021 which is very late & i have to wait 2 months for A1...

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Brother don't u think A1 in 3 months is very lengthy? Moreover next batch start in the month of may 2021 which is very late & i have to wait 2 months for A1...
No not at all 3 months is the best duration for a1.. You have to give time for the language to be absorbed by your subconscious mind.. But if just wana pass a1 exam.. There are a lot of professors who can help you do that in 1 month, but remember your goal " tef exam" for that its important to get hold of everything you learn.. Just trust the process.. For me it took solid 3-4 months.. Maybe you learn faster than me then you can complete quicker.. At the end its all your satisfaction and mindset.. Once you feel satisfied with a1 you can definitely pass to a2

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I suggest you see check out a YouTube channel called French tweets ( dolly).. She guides you with each and every level to do with the time line

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
And I totally understand your motivation to learn French faster.. Just to remind you it's like ielts.. Just imagine learning a language from the basic.. It takes years doesn't it ..but for us English speakers French is pretty easy! Even French native people found certain questions tricky.. Not to demotivate you but just to give you a glimpse of the test... I also was in a hurry just like you in the beginning.. But you'll understand once what I'm trying to explain you! Once you start your French journey All the best

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
And I totally understand your motivation to learn French faster.. Just to remind you it's like ielts.. Just imagine learning a language from the basic.. It takes years doesn't it ..but for us English speakers French is pretty easy! Even French native people found certain questions tricky.. Not to demotivate you but just to give you a glimpse of the test... I also was in a hurry just like you in the beginning.. But you'll understand once what I'm trying to explain you! Once you start your French journey All the best
thanks

Reactions: Saï Ram 15