+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP - international post graduate: can a current student apply?

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi all.

I am a current Ph.D. student in BC and graduated last year with an eligible BC master's degree for the International Post Graduate program. Can I apply for BCPNP with my Master's degree? My concern is that I need to "demonstrate that you have the ability and intent to live, work and economically establish in B.C." and I am not sure if my student profile will make this difficult.

Is there one who has a similar experience? Or is there anyone who can share some insights?

EdytaM

Feb 1, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi all.

I am a current Ph.D. student in BC and graduated last year with an eligible BC master's degree for the International Post Graduate program. Can I apply for BCPNP with my Master's degree? My concern is that I need to "demonstrate that you have the ability and intent to live, work and economically establish in B.C." and I am not sure if my student profile will make this difficult.

Is there one who has a similar experience? Or is there anyone who can share some insights?
If you have your master from eligible school, then you absolutely can apply for PNP IPG! :)
Fact that you keep studying in Canadian institution adds to your intent to live and work here. That document is a written letter from you describing why you came to BC, how long are you here, what you did in this time, and how much you've accomplished already, like making friends during your studies, having good time with your thesis supervisor, going for some trips with your friends, learning about the country and the people here, and how much you liked all of that and want to stay to experience more of it in this beautiful country. If you picked up some work/volunteering or joined some clubs/projects/etc., mention it in the letter too, to show that you assimilated yourself to different aspects of living in a new country. I wrote something like that :)