+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC Services Card

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
Hi there!
I'm a new PR card holder (been in Canada for several years already though) and applied for MSP. They require me to get a Photo BC Services Card. The website says I need two pieces of ID (I have a passport+PR card) and that I also need to confirm I'm a B.C. resident. Do I just show them my COPR? I don't have a lease agreement (we are living rent free) or driving license. All the utility bills are in my partner's name. Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You need to have proof you live in BC. That can be bills, mail, etc. - but you need it. If you have mail from MSP (as in the letter telling you to get the photo card) that may help.

How long have you been living in BC? There is still a waiting period.

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
You need to have proof you live in BC. That can be bills, mail, etc. - but you need it. If you have mail from MSP (as in the letter telling you to get the photo card) that may help.

Been here for a few years, but was out of status for some time until February 2020. I do have some mail correspondence, so I guess I will use that. Thanks!

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
Time out of status won't necessarily count for the waiting period, sadly.
There is nothing preventing me from getting my BC services card though, right? I don't care I won't be covered for another 3 months, I just want to get the application going.