+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement only 1 month old -- 3 months left to program start-- HELP!!

fak21

May 3, 2014
Hi All,

I am in deep trouble. I need to apply in the next week because I need to get my visa by july inorder to reach in time.
The problem is my bank statement is only one month old and i realised after reading through a few posts on this forum that it has to be 4 months and there is no exception. Can some one suggest what should i do?
I am showing my father as my sponsor who is a businessman and I donot want to show the business statements for the past 6 months because at a point in time the bank balance reached a very minimum amount which would be a problem i suppose. It is a running business and the balance goes up and down constantly.
I figured i should show my own statement that has 46 lacs but the problem is that i donot have time to wait for 3 more months
Should i pay the full years tuition fee and attach a copy of that and show the rest of the money in the bank statement?

Guys i need your intake on this as there is not much time left, thank you :-\

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on where you from. If you're Indian, you can pay the full tuition fees and get a GIC. This way, you won't be required to show the bank statements.

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GIC is the abbreviation of "Guaranteed Investment Certificate" which is a type of investments in Canada. Some students can get a GIC for the amount of 10 000 Canadian dollars which is basically the amount required by CIC for your yearly living expenses in Canada. This way, you won't be required to show bank statements for the whole 4 months, because the visa officer will already know that you have 10 000 CAD waiting for you in Canada, and to make your case more robust, you should consider paying your tuition fees in advance as well.

fak21

May 3, 2014
Thank you for the reply. I dont think GIC can be done from pakistan. I guess ill pay the fee and attach my and my fathers bank statements with a letter from the bank stating that they can pay $10000 or something like that. ill only attach my statement from the time it has more money around $46k and attach fathers business statement for 4 months.