+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank branches

joaquinfawler

Feb 20, 2023
Hello. In my country when you open a bank account, it remains linked to that branch and you should go to that branch for some request and procedures. Is the same iN Canada? Or once you open the account you could operate in any branch? Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. In my country when you open a bank account, it remains linked to that branch and you should go to that branch for some request and procedures. Is the same iN Canada? Or once you open the account you could operate in any branch? Thank you!
You can go to any branch. Once you open an account, you can move provinces and still use the bank branch in your new city. Same with ATMs. Example You can use a Royal Bank ATM or branch in any city.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your account is still linked to a branch in Canada if the bank has physical branches. Yes there can be some services that require you to attend your branch but for basic banking you can go to any branch.

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Agree with what the others have said. In fact, I have opened a bank account with RBC in one city (and that still remains listed as my main branch) but I have moved cities since then and can easily go to any other branch and nothing is tied to the original one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree with what the others have said. In fact, I have opened a bank account with RBC in one city (and that still remains listed as my main branch) but I have moved cities since then and can easily go to any other branch and nothing is tied to the original one.
There are certain things that are tied to your branch just not everyday banking. You should probably change branches if you’ve moved

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
There are certain things that are tied to your branch just not everyday banking. You should probably change branches if you’ve moved
This is the right answer. For the most part, it is immaterial where you live versus which branch your account is held at. But sometimes, if the bank sends you something important, like a replacement debit/credit card, or some other legal document, and you are not home to sign for it, then it can end up getting delivered to the branch instead, and then they ask you to collect from there. Which can be a pain if you live hours away.