+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad credit report in CANADA!

justsimple

Feb 19, 2013
Hey guys, i was wondering what can someone do when having a bad credit score and landlord isnt renting appartment? can a MP help? what, where, why? thanks guys...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nobody, especially an MP, can do anything about your bad credit. Your options are to wait while rebuilding your credit or find a co-signer.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It is hard to rent an apartment with bad credit but you will have better luck renting from someone who owns a house and is looking for a tenant for a section of it.
Or you can try to rent from a boarding house or sublet with roommates.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Steaky I am sure you didn't mean it that way, but think how hard it would be to get a mortgage without a good credit rating?
If you have a credit card use it sensibly and pay your bill off each month. Apply for your credit rating. I think Equifax will give you a credit rating once a year free. You pay if you wish to learn your actual credit score. It is actually a good thing for us all to do once a year. You maybe surprised by what you find in the report and it is important to check that their information is correct. There is a mechanism to get errors changed. One surprising thing I learned is that requesting your credit rating more than annually can negatively impact your score as it looks like you are expecting something bad. All the best.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Steaky I am sure you didn't mean it that way, but think how hard it would be to get a mortgage without a good credit rating?
Interesting thing is that I didn't need a good credit rating to get a mortgage, but required to get anything else.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Hmm...whoever approved your mortgage must have ran a credit check on you and you were approved because your credit report probably didn't have negative findings. Otherwise, how did they determine your interest rate or your risk level? :-X I find it hard to believe they would do it for a $1000 credit card but not for hundreds of thousands of dollars. hmm

If you got a mortgage with bad/poor credit, then your interest rate is probably high.

steaky said:
Interesting thing is that I didn't need a good credit rating to get a mortgage, but required to get anything else.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
When you apply for your credit record you can see all the different dates and agencies that have requested information about your credit rating, including cell phone companies, banks and department stores when you apply for credit cards, etc.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
If you got a mortgage with bad/poor credit, then your interest rate is probably high.
No, that's not true. I got the same low interest rate as advertised by the developer. Some developers are more motivated than others. Furthermore, I didn't have Canadian credit history and I was living outside Canada at the time of that transaction.

Yes, they run a credit check on me when I applied a Canadian Tire credit card upon my first week of returning to Canada, but was not approved. What's a big difference! :D