+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background checking under CEC.

babewen

Feb 21, 2010
I received my file number on Nov.2008, did medical examination, paid; everything went so smooth until the time when I sent an update request to CEC and the answer was: we requested background checking and no udpate on process.
It is turning Apr 2010 right now and I am still not getting any updates. I do not know how much longer I have to wait on this?
This waiting make me so anxious as I have to hold off a lot of things due to the uncertainty of my status.

Does anyone have an idea on waiting time of background check? I read some forums regarding the details of background check and I guess different people have different situations and I believe it is really depend on the offices who checked the file.

SOOOOO concerning....anyone can help? :(

shuer

Mar 25, 2010
Just take it easy. It only takes some time.

My case is even boring. I received the filing number in Dec.2009 and no updates any more. no medical examination yet.
I just think when I do not check the status everyday, the next step will come.

btw, how long did it take for you between FN number and ME?

Good luck.

babewen

Feb 21, 2010
Hi Shuer,

It took me 1 month to receive file numbers and another maybe 3 weeks to receive ME.
As i mentioned previously, everything went smooth until the last step...really frustrated.:mad:

My work visa is going to expire in 3 months and I have to apply LMO for an extension!!! I heard the positive opinion is harder to get now than before!! I dont know what gonna happen...

Sometime I was thinking maybe I should give up.,.. :(

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babewen said:
I received my file number on Nov.2008, did medical examination, paid; everything went so smooth until the time when I sent an update request to CEC and the answer was: we requested background checking and no udpate on process.
It is turning Apr 2010 right now and I am still not getting any updates. I do not know how much longer I have to wait on this?
This waiting make me so anxious as I have to hold off a lot of things due to the uncertainty of my status.

Does anyone have an idea on waiting time of background check? I read some forums regarding the details of background check and I guess different people have different situations and I believe it is really depend on the offices who checked the file.

SOOOOO concerning....anyone can help? :(

That is really frustrating !! "Canadian experience class" and waiting for more than one year for background checks !!! and which backround are they checking since your claimed degree and and work experience are from canada !!! so what kind of backround checks are they looking for !!! bear in mind that it is not a security checks, it is a background checks !!! i do not know what to say ! Just God helps you man, that is the problem, some visa officers when they find the applications complete and not missing any documents, they create rotten excuses without any meanings or advantages saying "waiting for background checks" and let the applicant goes to the hell waiting forever !!! very professional visa officers and advanced immigration system !!!

Again, god helps you man and wish you the best of luck.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah

persiant

Aug 16, 2012
professional 1 said:
That is really frustrating !! "Canadian experience class" and waiting for more than one year for background checks !!! and which backround are they checking since your claimed degree and and work experience are from canada !!! so what kind of backround checks are they looking for !!! bear in mind that it is not a security checks, it is a background checks !!! i do not know what to say ! Just God helps you man, that is the problem, some visa officers when they find the applications complete and not missing any documents, they create rotten excuses without any meanings or advantages saying "waiting for background checks" and let the applicant goes to the hell waiting forever !!! very professional visa officers and advanced immigration system !!!

Again, god helps you man and wish you the best of luck.
BabeWen have you received your PPR ?