+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

background check-employment-SIN

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Sir/ Madam,

Good Morning !!

Just a quick question. Can an Employer come to know the list of canadian companies that we had worked in (with the time period) from the back ground check they do ? Is the list of companies that we had worked with been updated with the SIN (Social Insurance Number) or some other database? I have spoiled my name with the present employer and I DON'T like to show this experience for the prospective job opportunities. Basically my performance was not upto the mark and I am quitting this job with total two months experience & I dont want to show this experience at all. Would the new employer come to know all my previous employers without myself revealing them ? Would they get to know that when they go for the background check using some dedicated agencies ? Kindly advise .

bye, Geo

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi Sir/ Madam,

Good Morning !!

Just a quick question. Can an Employer come to know the list of canadian companies that we had worked in (with the time period) from the back ground check they do ? Is the list of companies that we had worked with been updated with the SIN (Social Insurance Number) or some other database? I have spoiled my name with the present employer and I DON'T like to show this experience for the prospective job opportunities. Basically my performance was not upto the mark and I am quitting this job with total two months experience & I dont want to show this experience at all. Would the new employer come to know all my previous employers without myself revealing them ? Would they get to know that when they go for the background check using some dedicated agencies ? Kindly advise .

bye, Geo
Absolutely not. Your SIN number may only be used with regards to paying your wage and tax contributions. It may only be used with regards to checking your right to work in the country, and to pay your taxes.

Depending on the profession though, your work at your present employer could be discovered with a background check. Just not by using your SIN number.

Reactions: Mjkab

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
DGT said:
Absolutely not. Your SIN number may only be used with regards to paying your wage and tax contributions. It may only be used with regards to checking your right to work in the country, and to pay your taxes.

Depending on the profession though, your work at your present employer could be discovered with a background check. Just not by using your SIN number.
very helpful

moun

Nov 17, 2016

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Hi I am little bit worried. For my previous organisation where I was drawing a salary of Rs 192000 per annum without PF and TAX and also the same with current employer- no tax and pf deductions. And moreover the income now i earn is 2,40,000 per annum and upto 250000 the salary tax is NIL.

Still, will cic make any issue out of it? This point is reaaaalllllllly killing me inside.

I am at CRS 403 ,( EE FSW CANADA PR PROCESS)and would like to clear doubts as my primary NOC code is 1243 B category?

Also please lemme know anyone as I am in NOC b category employers will call to all my previous organisations along with the current organisation ????What are the questions that they generally ask when CIC calls our employers ???

Please explain me all the above anyone.

Thannks for ur replies in advance and highly appreciate it !!

kourk

Apr 29, 2022
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Hi I am little bit worried. For my previous organisation where I was drawing a salary of Rs 192000 per annum without PF and TAX and also the same with current employer- no tax and pf deductions. And moreover the income now i earn is 2,40,000 per annum and upto 250000 the salary tax is NIL.

Still, will cic make any issue out of it? This point is reaaaalllllllly killing me inside.

I am at CRS 403 ,( EE FSW CANADA PR PROCESS)and would like to clear doubts as my primary NOC code is 1243 B category?

Also please lemme know anyone as I am in NOC b category employers will call to all my previous organisations along with the current organisation ????What are the questions that they generally ask when CIC calls our employers ???

hi did u get pr, did anything happened