+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B1 B2 US visitor appointment urgency

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Has anyone had a US B1/B2 visa appointment anywhere in Canada for December 2021 to June 2022? I need to go to the US to visit my sister around that time for urgent matter but fail to secure an appointment (mine is November 2022). I am willing to pay the rescheduling fee to you if needed. Thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Has anyone had a US B1/B2 visa appointment anywhere in Canada for December 2021 to June 2022? I need to go to the US to visit my sister around that time for urgent matter but fail to secure an appointment (mine is November 2022). I am willing to pay the rescheduling fee to you if needed. Thanks.
Unfortunately you cannot swap the dates from friends or anyone as a matter of fact. Once we reschedule or the date is moved, the system doesn't show it immediately or it takes time(not sure how much time) i think, we have tried this but couldn't see the date for an hour atleast. So please do not try this. If you are trying this, your friend/anyone's dates are also gone.

Keep checking the dates very frequently. They are opening slots for next month ahead and keeping the rest of the days closed/not shown for that particular period of time. They are opening the regular appointments month-by-month basis as far as i observed.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Unfortunately you cannot swap the dates from friends or anyone as a matter of fact. Once we reschedule or the date is moved, the system doesn't show it immediately or it takes time(not sure how much time) i think, we have tried this but couldn't see the date for an hour atleast. So please do not try this. If you are trying this, your friend/anyone's dates are also gone.

Keep checking the dates very frequently. They are opening slots for next month ahead and keeping the rest of the days closed/not shown for that particular period of time. They are opening the regular appointments month-by-month basis as far as i observed.
Thanks so much for your response. All the slots have been booked up until 2023 and I am desperate on what to do now. I have been checking day and night but yet to see they are opening anything here.

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hi gyz it's urgent I would highly appreciate your help in this case
I got an appointment in July 2022 for the application I applied two years back in 2020 may , but due to Covid my appointment got cancelled so now after two years I got an appointment .
So the DS160 form I filled back two years before is still.valid ? Or should I make another one ?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi gyz it's urgent I would highly appreciate your help in this case
I got an appointment in July 2022 for the application I applied two years back in 2020 may , but due to Covid my appointment got cancelled so now after two years I got an appointment .
So the DS160 form I filled back two years before is still.valid ? Or should I make another one ?
If nothing has changed since then you should be good. There is no expiry for ds-160 as such.

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
If nothing has changed since then you should be good. There is no expiry for ds-160 as such.
Almost everything has been changed my status , my work , my address ,
So if I retrieve my application and start a new application will I lose the scheduled appointment?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Almost everything has been changed my status , my work , my address ,
So if I retrieve my application and start a new application will I lose the scheduled appointment?
Unfortunately yes. Because you need to punch in the ds-160 in your appointment profile. Generally if its in India, you should be able to update ds-160 number under profile and it will generate new confirmation email but i am really not sure how its Canada's site. try reaching out to customer care or lets wait for someone to comment.

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I had an interview for B1/b2 from Calgary usa embassy. Officer said he refused my application under administration processing and he said he doesn’t need any further documentation.
but he keeps my passport and told me if he need anything he will call.
What does it mean. If he said it’s refused why does he kept my passport. And how many days it can take to get the passport
Any one have any experience

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I had an interview for B1/b2 from Calgary usa embassy. Officer said he refused my application under administration processing and he said he doesn’t need any further documentation.
but he keeps my passport and told me if he need anything he will call.
What does it mean. If he said it’s refused why does he kept my passport. And how many days it can take to get the passport
Any one have any experience
Admin processing means they're gonna perform additional background checks on you. If they dont find anything questionable. They'll approve your visa.
When did you apply?

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Admin processing means they're gonna perform additional background checks on you. If they dont find anything questionable. They'll approve your visa.
When did you apply?
My interview was last Tuesday Feb22nd, do u know how many days does it take. My father is in life support in back home i need to go ti see him but my passport os stuck now. After my interview on feb 23rd it happened with my dad. I am so worried

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
My interview was last Tuesday Feb22nd, do u know how many days does it take. My father is in life support in back home i need to go ti see him but my passport os stuck now. After my interview on feb 23rd it happened with my dad. I am so worried
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I have heard people getting their passports back in 7-10 days. Do you mind sharing when did you apply and how long did it take for you to get an interview slot?
Thank you!

Reactions: Sanjida29

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I have heard people getting their passports back in 7-10 days. Do you mind sharing when did you apply and how long did it take for you to get an interview slot?
Thank you!
I applied for the visa interview in 2021 February and my interview was in Toronto, on January 18th 2022 but because of weather they canceled my appointment and after the cancellation they didn’t give me any appointments date. I keep checking dates and got nearest date in Calgary on feb 22nd and booked that one. Because of covid they are not giving early appointment. It’s very frustrating

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Hi all, I applied for B1B2 US visa from Ottawa on Feb 02 and haven't received a passport request yet and its Feb 14. I am worries as to how long does it takes usually?