+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AVR from Canada to USA First Time

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Today I successfully completed AVR first time after moving permanently to Windsor through Ambassador bridge. From USA immigration side, the officer only asked my passport and I-797 just ask regular questions like where i work and where i m going? From Canada immigration side, the officer asked passport and copr since i m waiting for pr card. No quarantine as I told to officer that i m coming from work. Overall it was good experience first time. Thanks to all of you guys and harirajmohan sir.
So , you did returned to Canada on the same day and you were not asked to qurantine?

immi1

Jun 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm planning to soft land through Peace Arch bridge NY border crossing in July. I plan to use AVR since my H1B stamp expired on my passport. Last year in Apr 2020, I booked a visa appointment In India and cancelled it due to covid restrictions. Haven't travelled outside the US since then. Will I still be able to use AVR option. Please help. Thank you

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

I'm planning to soft land through Peace Arch bridge NY border crossing in July. I plan to use AVR since my H1B stamp expired on my passport. Last year in Apr 2020, I booked a visa appointment In India and cancelled it due to covid restrictions. Haven't travelled outside the US since then. Will I still be able to use AVR option. Please help. Thank you
Yes, you are eligible to use AVR as long you have your valid i797A and Passport. No issues.