+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Avoiding Misrepresentation

Mar 22, 2023
Hello,

I intend to apply for a study permit to Canada this year but I'm faced with a huge issue. I applied for a visitor visa some years back and had some assistance filling out the form as I was new to the process. The person who assisted me made numerous mistakes. I noticed them after the application was submitted and went into panic mode. I got some advice from the High Commission to send a query and I immediately did so, highlighting all the corrections. I received an email sometime later saying my corrections would be attached to the application for the visa officer. I was later denied for lack of assets and the visa officer did not believe I would leave the country based on the purpose of the visit (a birthday).

Thankfully, I wasn't barred for misrepresentation and everyone was nice and helpful throughout the process. Unfortunately, as I prepare to apply for the study permit I had a look back at the old application and saw another issue that I glossed over in my panic. My employment history is incorrect and I want to rectify it on this application. The thing is, if I correct it then they would see my previous application and claim misrepresentation. If I leave it, since they seemed to have glossed over the verification process before (I assume this since they never mentioned anything), then I run the risk of them double-checking this time and claiming misrepresentation.

Should I send another email clarifying this and make myself look even more like an idiot and stacking the odds against me or will they appreciate honesty? Or maybe some poor visa officer will get into trouble for not verifying the first time. GOD, IM SO STRESSED OUT.