+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average processing times for ARC

G Kann

Mar 29, 2010
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I was wondering, what are the average processing times for ARCs? I am going to assume that the processing times vary according to the individual visa office or region.

G Kann

Mar 29, 2010
And here's my second post :)

I just read elsewhere online that ARCs take on average 4-12 months to process. But I was hoping to hear from people on here with personal experiences of applying for ARC.

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I can't speak for everyone as I know others that are still in process ... here's our timeline.

July 9, 2009 - send off application (Kingston, Jamaica)
August - they requested upfront medicals - we resent application back early August
Late August - sponsorship approved
November - ecas changed to 'in process'
January 7 - got letter requesting interview (feb 24)
Feb 24 - interview and requested to pay ARC and removal fees - left passport at consulate
early march - on our own paid RPRF
April 12 - ecas changed to 'decision made'
April 16 - call to pick up passport

Good luck on your process!

bright eyes

Jun 26, 2010
This is my first time posting and I have a couple questions. First off I sent my application to Mississauga April 30th, I received a letter of approval on June 4th. I was informed the documents will be sent to immigration in Jamaica but I haven't heard anything and neither has my husband.

I wanted to know
1. Would immigration in Jamaica write or email since we had put his email address on the application?
2. Has anyone ever gotten through in less than 7 months
3. Does it make sense to email the Jamaica embassy regarding our application
4. My husband is currently working on a ship based in the USA would they slow our application down because he is not signing off from the ship until November?

I really need some answers please. It's so frustrating being away from my husband.....I dont understand why the process is not faster.