+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Availability of Accounting Jobs?

MillieMc

Aug 8, 2022
Hey all,
I am an ACCA certification holder. ACCA is a chartered accountancy body from the UK. I would like to know the job possibilities for a chartered accountant having 15 years' experience in different countries. I have enough points to migrate as a skilled worker. I have read from many articles and blogs that experts like doctors and engineers are forced to take up jobs in restaurants and groceries when they land in Canada. This may be due to their qualification is not valid in Canada. But ACCA is valid and can sign audit reports. Does this make any difference and help me to get a good job? I heard that a professional accounting job recruiter in Canada help to resolve the issue. I dont want to work as a cashier or steward in restaurants. Please, suggestions from anyone on this would be appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all,
I am an ACCA certification holder. ACCA is a chartered accountancy body from the UK. I would like to know the job possibilities for a chartered accountant having 15 years' experience in different countries. I have enough points to migrate as a skilled worker. I have read from many articles and blogs that experts like doctors and engineers are forced to take up jobs in restaurants and groceries when they land in Canada. This may be due to their qualification is not valid in Canada. But ACCA is valid and can sign audit reports. Does this make any difference and help me to get a good job? I heard that a professional accounting job recruiter in Canada help to resolve the issue. I dont want to work as a cashier or steward in restaurants. Please, suggestions from anyone on this would be appreciated.
Have you worked for one of the large accounting firms? What are you wanting to get out of a move to Canada from the UK?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey all,
They are scammers. Don't use them. You'll lose your money and end up with no job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would like to move to Toronto!!!
Have you worked for one of the well known accounting firms? Where have you worked in the world? It is much more challenging to get a job that is at a more senior level unless you have some contacts, can get an transfer from your current employer, etc.