+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation

ainp.canada

Jan 4, 2012
Hello everyone,

I appreciate if someone can help me and point me in the right direction regarding the Automatic Visa Revalidation procedure. Currently, I am working on an H1B visa on my 7'th year and had successfully obtained visa stamping two times previously. This time I have not done the stamping yet due to some appointment issues in Canada. Now, I have to travel to Canada for 1 week and I am not sure if I can come back from Canada to USA without having a valid visa stamp on my passport. I have an expired H1b visa stamping and expired I-94 card (white) in my old passport and recently, I received an I797 extension with the bottom portion as new I-94 (green) valid for another three years and new passport.

I think this topic has been discussed in the past, however, I am asking it again just to make sure if I would be eligible to use the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR). Please share your recent experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
This doesn't sound like a Canadian visa issue!

ainp.canada

Jan 4, 2012
Actually, recently I have obtained a Canadian PR (provincial nominee) and now I want to complete the landing formalities before moving it permanently (after ~6 months). Therefore, I wanted to know if there would be any issue while coming back to USA on AVR.

Thanks,

Sam

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
No issue whatsoever. AVR is quite clear. The rules are as mentioned. As long as u have ur I94, and valid passport with visa approval, not belonging to some specific countries Iran etc, not went for stamping or new visa application, you are good to return