+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian National Police Check questions

Canadaussie

May 1, 2008
My wife is about to fill out and send the National Police Check form (located at http://www.afp.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/3683/NE_CR100.pdf .)

We have a question on the very first page:
"(iii) consent to ......... (Name of Organisation/Department/Employer seeking information)
and their agent ......... (Agent/Background checking company) (if applicable)
to forward this form to the Australian Federal Police and/or the Police Services of the States or Territories of the Commonwealth of Australia and providing relevant information to the above organisation."

No organisation is forwarding this form to the Australian Federal Police... she is sending it to them directly and then we'll be submitting it with the rest of our forms... so does that mean it is left blank?

"(iv) specify position/entitlement.........
(e.g. Taxi Driver, Nurse, Overseas Employment/Adoptions, Visa, Security Clearance,Clerk etc)"

Would she just write in "Canadian Permanent Residence Visa" in there?

Also, on the cic website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp it says to indicate on the "application" that the police certificate should be sent directly to the Canadian Consulate General in Sydney. What application do they mean? The application for the police check so it will be sent directly from the police to Sydney? Or the application for permanent residence? We have not sent the forms to Mississauga yet and thought the certificate was meant to be included with the rest of the forms (it's listed in the region-specific document checklist.) I think we might be over-thinking things, but we just want to make sure.

Thank you for any help.

CourtneyB

Sep 4, 2008
Hi Canadaussie,

I just went through this process myself.

When completing the AFP form I said the organisation was "Immigration Canada," and in the agent field I wrote "Not Applicable"

You are definitely fine to put "Canadian Permanent Resident Visa" in the (iv) specify position/entitlement section.

In my situation I got the AFP to send me the police certificate directly so I can submit it with my PR application. (I am an Australian citizen living in Toronto with my Canadian Husband. We are about to submit an Outland PR application to the Mississauga office so it can be initially assessed then sent onto Buffalo for processing. We decided to have it processed in Buffalo just in case an interview is required)

If your PR application is going to be processed in Sydney Australia it might make sense for the AFP to send it directly to Canadian Consulate in Sydney since it would be faster. But to be honest the whole process kind of confuses me so I think if your situation is different to mine it would definitely be worth your while to ring Immigration Canada to confirm. I would be a little concerned that the police certificate might get lost if it were submitted separately from the PR application provided to Mississauga.

To give you an idea of the AFP timelines I posted them my form from Toronto on 29th July and received the police check certificate in Toronto on 28th August.

Anyway hope this helps. Good luck with your application!!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I had lived in Sydney,Australia about 2 year and about 1 month ago I sent to AFP for police check because my wife wanted to sponsor me inland.My Question is : Should I just send home country police check (Indonesia) first? Or Should I wait for AFP letter and send it together? Why does it take so long to process AFP letter?

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
sunsun said:
I had lived in Sydney,Australia about 2 year and about 1 month ago I sent to AFP for police check because my wife wanted to sponsor me inland.My Question is : Should I just send home country police check (Indonesia) first? Or Should I wait for AFP letter and send it together? Why does it take so long to process AFP letter?
Best to send everything together so nothing has a chance of getting lost. AFP check only takes about a month - if you applied a month ago, you should be getting it any day now.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
From my own experience, getting AFP is pretty simple and straight forward so if you only have 1 country to clear police check then you're lucky... It'll take around 3-4 weeks now. In my case i've lived in 3 different countries and so my police checks went mad. I did the AFP and the Vietnamese ones first, AFP came back afer 3 weeks, Vietnam one came back after 2 months, and couldnt do Singapore as they require a letter from cic... :( in the end i had to submit a nearly expried AFP and the Vietnamese one with an explanation abt the singapore one that i need their letter for me to go and get it. Jeezzz....

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thank you misskay and miniejungle.....
I haven't got AFP clearance yet :(
Last time I sent to AFP, they sent it back to me because my finger print were not clear..Now I sent it again....Hopefully everything is ok.
My other questions are : All documents including photos are in copy and only Police check and immigration sponsorship are original ?
I'm worry about it since I apply by myself and not using a lawyer.
Thank you ;)

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
I tried using certified copies whenever possible. Police checks are definitely original.
Im applying by myself too.
Good luck!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thanks,miniejungle.....Good luck to you too... :)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I just wonder about medical check up , what will the doctor check ? Anybody has done medical check up inland ,please share your experience....I'm nervous ... ???

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@miniejungle : What do you mean certified copies? The Copies which is stamped by public notary? Thanks.. ;)

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
sunsun said:
@ miniejungle : What do you mean certified copies? The Copies which is stamped by public notary? Thanks.. ;)
yes. cos I have documents from different countries and so they were certified by different authorities. the ones in Australia were certified true copies by my lawyer.