+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) Eligibility

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
I'm currently on a study permit doing my Masters in one of the Atlantic Provinces form a public University. I know you can work unlimited hours on-campus for the university you are a full-time student. I work full-time for the university (on-campus) alongside my studies on the same campus.

At the moment, my university renews my work contract every 6 months. However, I was going to ask them to help me with Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) application. My university is a designated employer under the AIP program.

I have work foreign work experience of 3 years with a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree (with WES/ECA evaluation done). I also have good IELTS score to meet the requirement of AIP program.

I want to learn: Can you apply for AIP before graduation (on a study permit)? Does your employer require LMIA under AIP program?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I'm currently on a study permit doing my Masters in one of the Atlantic Provinces form a public University. I know you can work unlimited hours on-campus for the university you are a full-time student. I work full-time for the university (on-campus) alongside my studies on the same campus.

At the moment, my university renews my work contract every 6 months. However, I was going to ask them to help me with Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) application. My university is a designated employer under the AIP program.

I have work foreign work experience of 3 years with a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree (with WES/ECA evaluation done). I also have good IELTS score to meet the requirement of AIP program.

I want to learn: Can you apply for AIP before graduation (on a study permit)? Does your employer require LMIA under AIP program?
Under AIP the employer does not need an LMIA to support your application, that's the perk of the AIP program. However, you can not apply for AIP while you are on a study permit. You must have a work permit to qualify. Right now you can work full time only because it is on-campus and your study permit allows you to do so. When talking about a PR application supported by an employer, you need a work permit!