+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlanta Consulate - Police clearance

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Does anyone know what is the current wait times to get PCC from Atlanta Consulate? Can we walk-in and submit passport and pickup passport same day in Atlanta without risking on having them mail it back? How long does it take to issue PCC from this location?

Apr 2, 2018
Here’s our timeline for me and my spouse:
Date submitted: 18th June 2018
Date received: 20th June 2018
They kept our passport and told us that we can pick them up after 1 week. If your pcc needs further clearance they will inform u when the application is sent out.
I would say,
Fill all the forms correctly and do not miss any fields. Attach all the required documents correctly. There were people with incorrect or incomplete forms and they do not check the forms for you and were getting frustrated with these people.
Our passports were renewed at Atlanta embassy so that may have helped.
Also, do check if the embassy is open on the day you plan to go. We did this mistake of not checking and the embassy was closed d first time we went to Atlanta.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Here’s our timeline for me and my spouse:
Date submitted: 18th June 2018
Date received: 20th June 2018
They kept our passport and told us that we can pick them up after 1 week. If your pcc needs further clearance they will inform u when the application is sent out.
I would say,
Fill all the forms correctly and do not miss any fields. Attach all the required documents correctly. There were people with incorrect or incomplete forms and they do not check the forms for you and were getting frustrated with these people.
Our passports were renewed at Atlanta embassy so that may have helped.
Also, do check if the embassy is open on the day you plan to go. We did this mistake of not checking and the embassy was closed d first time we went to Atlanta.
Thanks for the update. I was under impression that they are going to give the passport same day. I am planning to go on July 9th. You weren't there too long ago. Is this a typical behavior at this consulate? I am watching forums and people from Chicago, NY, DC able to get the letter on same day. Not sure what is needed to get back passports. We are flying to Atlanta and some domestic airports require passport as REAL ID. I am not sure if this may cause any headache.

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for the update. I was under impression that they are going to give the passport same day. I am planning to go on July 9th. You weren't there too long ago. Is this a typical behavior at this consulate? I am watching forums and people from Chicago, NY, DC able to get the letter on same day. Not sure what is needed to get back passports. We are flying to Atlanta and some domestic airports require passport as REAL ID. I am not sure if this may cause any headache.
You can try requesting them giving your reasons. They might give you the passport the same day but if not be prepared to leave your passports with them.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
You can try requesting them giving your reasons. They might give you the passport the same day but if not be prepared to leave your passports with them.
Do you mind list the important things we should consider when submitting the application? Do we have to provide three copies of personal performa?

Apr 2, 2018
Do you mind list the important things we should consider when submitting the application? Do we have to provide three copies of personal performa?
List of documents we submitted:
1) Miscellaneous Form
2) 3 Copies of Personal performa (Fill these separately. Do not fill one and make copies)
3) Driving license (front and back) for address proof
4) H1 approval i797
5) H1 stamped visa from passport (Skip this if you do not have a visa stamp)
6) i94
7) First 5 and last 2 pages of passport
8) 2 cheques : $25 and $2 (We used Walmart money center to get these). Make sure they are addressed correctly and signed by you. More information is here: http://www.indiainatlanta.gov.in/page/pcc/

The most important thing is make sure you fill up the forms completely and do not forget to sign them.
Their in person application time is 10 to 12.30. Please go before 11.00 if possible. The consulate gets pretty busy.
It should be pretty straightforward if all the documents are in place. Best luck!

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
T
List of documents we submitted:
1) Miscellaneous Form
2) 3 Copies of Personal performa (Fill these separately. Do not fill one and make copies)
3) Driving license (front and back) for address proof
4) H1 approval i797
5) H1 stamped visa from passport (Skip this if you do not have a visa stamp)
6) i94
7) First 5 and last 2 pages of passport
8) 2 cheques : $25 and $2 (We used Walmart money center to get these). Make sure they are addressed correctly and signed by you. More information is here: http://www.indiainatlanta.gov.in/page/pcc/

The most important thing is make sure you fill up the forms completely and do not forget to sign them.
Their in person application time is 10 to 12.30. Please go before 11.00 if possible. The consulate gets pretty busy.
It should be pretty straightforward if all the documents are in place. Best luck!
Thanks for the detailed information brother.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
I dropped my passport at Atlanta Embassy on Monday. No update yet. When I dropped prepaid shipping label i selected option to "Drop off at FedEx location" I hope someone from consulate will drop them at FedEx drop box? I forgot to ask them this question when I was there.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
This is ridiculous. I still haven't gotten my PCC after 65 days. They don't have any update and asking me to call India passport office for updates. I have 60 day deadline to submit Indian PCC in order for IRCC to continue with my application review.

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
This is ridiculous. I still haven't gotten my PCC after 65 days. They don't have any update and asking me to call India passport office for updates. I have 60 day deadline to submit Indian PCC in order for IRCC to continue with my application review.

Any update on this bro ?

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Any update on this bro ?
I emailed Regional Passport office Vijayawada and Vishakapatnam and they sent me the clearance letter with Atlanta Consulate email ID in loop and still these idiots at Embassy doesn’t care. But at this point i don’t think i even need them to issue PCC because i have actual clearance from India. I can upload to IRCC

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hello,

My passport issued in Atlanta and wifes was issued in Coimbatore India. We submitted documents on Friday 4-1 and the reception lady said it would take few days but not really weeks. WE HAD TO GIVE OUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT WITH THEM. Then they asked us to give a return shipping label (as we came from another state) and told us to call, we called on Monday and Tuesday , no 1 picked up but Wednesday The passports and PCC were delivered at our home address via the UPS return shipping label .
So relax the Indian Counsulate in Atlanta is good and we had no issues,they even helped others with printout of the forms etc . (Print only 1 sided )

Thanks
Sai

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Hello,

My passport issued in Atlanta and wifes was issued in Coimbatore India. We submitted documents on Friday 4-1 and the reception lady said it would take few days but not really weeks. WE HAD TO GIVE OUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT WITH THEM. Then they asked us to give a return shipping label (as we came from another state) and told us to call, we called on Monday and Tuesday , no 1 picked up but Wednesday The passports and PCC were delivered at our home address via the UPS return shipping label .
So relax the Indian Counsulate in Atlanta is good and we had no issues,they even helped others with printout of the forms etc . (Print only 1 sided )

Thanks
Sai
Thanks for the reply but i already got my PR cards.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Thanks for the reply but i already got my PR cards.
Thats great to know, maybe others can note. Quick question to you - Can we edit Personal History after receiving document Checklist? Also as a Indian Citizen living in USA (Country of residence) should I include travels to and from USA? Your response would be appreciated greatly