+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum

Yemmy99

Dec 29, 2019
I am a single mom with 2 kids. I and my kids already have a pending asylum case in US and its been over 4 years now. All that I have is my employment authorization card. No interview. I've been to the US asylum office to ask why I and my kids have not been called for interview and no adequate response. The USCIS online case status always said my receipt number is unknown and my application has been pending for 4 years. This is my 3rd time of renewing my employment authorization. With the current immigration reform in US, I am just scared most especially for my children that I brought in as a child now turning teenagers. I don't want them to be placed under DACA and then eventually get separated from me or face any immigration tribulations. I want to know what my options are by crossing to canada to file the same claim or go through another program. Please i need someone to help me with informations.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I am a single mom with 2 kids. I and my kids already have a pending asylum case in US and its been over 4 years now. All that I have is my employment authorization card. No interview. I've been to the US asylum office to ask why I and my kids have not been called for interview and no adequate response. The USCIS online case status always said my receipt number is unknown and my application has been pending for 4 years. This is my 3rd time of renewing my employment authorization. With the current immigration reform in US, I am just scared most especially for my children that I brought in as a child now turning teenagers. I don't want them to be placed under DACA and then eventually get separated from me or face any immigration tribulations. I want to know what my options are by crossing to canada to file the same claim or go through another program. Please i need someone to help me with informations.
Unfortunately, recent changes to the laws in Canada make you ineligible to claim asylum if you have a claim in the US. If you qualify, there is nothing preventing you from immigrating through any of the other programs available, but a refugee claim isn’t possible.

Reactions: Yemmy99

Kindsoul

Nov 5, 2021
Hi yemmy
My relatives are in the same situation. How are things with you now? Did you get interview yet?