+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to redo meds within 7 days, else immigration cancelled

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
Anyone got the following email (I did my first medicals in Canada in Sep 2013 in support of ON PNP International Masters Graduate program and now being asked to re-submit them in 7 DAYS to india, failing to do so would cancel my application) .......Funny thing is they have asked to fill up a form but have not even included what any form in the attachment...Any thoughts on how to proceed.

Already talked to CIC..as usual they say they dont have any information..Here is the email

Dear xxxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. The results of initial medical examinations for you is expiring. In order to provide your application with an updated validity, we require following additional medical examination(s) for yourself.

Analogue Chest Xray Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form (Page 6 and 7 of IMM5419).
Duly completed Re-assessment Form (attached)

Please visit this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx for identifying Panel Physician (PP) in your vicinity and take this email to the Panel Physician (PP) for the re-assessment(s) to be arranged.

Please remember to inform the PP that the results will need to be sent to India . You have 07 days from the date of this email to comply with this request. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
GT1234 said:
Anyone got the following email (I did my first medicals in Canada in Sep 2013 in support of ON PNP International Masters Graduate program and now being asked to re-submit them in 7 DAYS to india, failing to do so would cancel my application) .......Funny thing is they have asked to fill up a form but have not even included what any form in the attachment...Any thoughts on how to proceed.

Already talked to CIC..as usual they say they dont have any information..Here is the email

Dear xxxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. The results of initial medical examinations for you is expiring. In order to provide your application with an updated validity, we require following additional medical examination(s) for yourself.

Analogue Chest Xray Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form (Page 6 and 7 of IMM5419).
Duly completed Re-assessment Form (attached)

Please visit this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx for identifying Panel Physician (PP) in your vicinity and take this email to the Panel Physician (PP) for the re-assessment(s) to be arranged.

Please remember to inform the PP that the results will need to be sent to India . You have 07 days from the date of this email to comply with this request. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Hi GT1234,

This is extremely ridiculous. How can somebody take medical exam within 7 days and submit to Immigration Health Services? It's very difficult even to get a doctor appointment in 7 days...Very strange. And I have seen some people who did not get the attachment along with the email just like you.

So, I don't know when did you get this email from CIC...however did you reply them saying that there is no form attached to the email? Also, request them to provide you with more time in order for you to take medicals. One more thing is....looks like you are already in Canada, but why your medical reports have to send to India? Your visa office must be CIC, NS right?

CIC has done crazy things in my case as well....was a long story. Good luck my friend.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
If you really need to do medical in 7 days, you can go to Toronto. Some doctors may do it for you immediately within a day.

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
The problem is

- There is no form attached with the email, and I talked to lot of doctors and one of them is ready to accommodate this request however when I told him that i did not get any form, he was surprized and asked me to contact immigration office.

- Next, I contacted CIC (twice) and was told that this is very normal (whattttttttttttt????? wondering what would be abnormal) and they can't do anything about it since this request is from Delhi office. They have asked me to contact Delhi Office with my explanation and sent me there email address

- I just checked that my wife did her meds on Sep 2013, and today is Aug 6 which means its <12 months old. So why all this fuss?

Regardless, I already sent an email to Delhi office but I doubt anyone would respond soon.

In the mean time, if you do come across a similar case please keep me informed. Appreciate your help.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS &quot;Med Rec&quot;: 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 &amp; 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
GT1234 said:
The problem is

- There is no form attached with the email, and I talked to lot of doctors and one of them is ready to accommodate this request however when I told him that i did not get any form, he was surprized and asked me to contact immigration office.

- Next, I contacted CIC (twice) and was told that this is very normal (whattttttttttttt????? wondering what would be abnormal) and they can't do anything about it since this request is from Delhi office. They have asked me to contact Delhi Office with my explanation and sent me there email address

- I just checked that my wife did her meds on Sep 2013, and today is Aug 6 which means its <12 months old. So why all this fuss?

Regardless, I already sent an email to Delhi office but I doubt anyone would respond soon.

In the mean time, if you do come across a similar case please keep me informed. Appreciate your help.
Can you send me your contact number via personal message...will call you to discuss more.

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
nope... it was sent from delhi immigration office (not sure why because all previous communications have been through cic)

macaroot

Dec 16, 2014
GT1234 - Any updates on this? My wife got the same email and we are both in Canada. She did get an attachment (in a second email) which doesn't even look like a CIC document.

Thanks!