+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ask for scheduling oath in Toronto instead of Vancouver?

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
It is about transferring oath to another location other than original processing office to speed up processing.
In your opinion if I want to move to another province, how can I reschedule the Oath? (I don't care how long it's gonna take). Keep in mind that I won't have an address for about 10 days (while moving). My status is DM since March 15th.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
If the files were there in totality, they would have no need to transfer the paper files. GCMS are available with two options. Electronic and then 'paper file copy'. If you want the latter, it takes much longer and they need to physically photocopy your file in it's entirety which is then mailed or emailed to you, depending on your personal choice.

I maintain that all information is not available, hence the horrific answers from helpline when one calls. They don't know anymore than you can find out on your own by logging into ECAS.
That’s only because you were answered by someone impatient and/or in a bad mood - I have experienced it too, but I also had agents told me things that were later confirmed in my GCMS report

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
In your opinion if I want to move to another province, how can I reschedule the Oath? (I don't care how long it's gonna take). Keep in mind that I won't have an address for about 10 days (while moving). My status is DM since March 15th.
You would inform CIC that you have moved, provide them with your updated information and they will transfer your file to the new location. If you have no address to provide to them you may want to include that information and tell them you will update them when you have a mailing address. Depending on your current location it might be more prudent to stay put until you have taken your oath if possible, though.

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
You would inform CIC that you have moved, provide them with your updated information and they will transfer your file to the new location. If you have no address to provide to them you may want to include that information and tell them you will update them when you have a mailing address. Depending on your current location it might be more prudent to stay put until you have taken your oath if possible, though.
Thanks for responding

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I thought this thread was about rescheduling the Oath...
Do you know Godwin's law?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

There is a similar law for this forum: Each thread will eventually be hijacked to be a general discussion about anything remotely citizenship related so that people can use it to kill time while waiting for their applications to be processed.

Reactions: zeste and foodie69