+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ask Asylum from inside Canada and coming by study visa?

egilgamesh

Sep 27, 2015
Hi everybody,

I hope this find you well, Kindly please i hope to inquire about the ability to ask asylum from inside Canada while I coming by Study visa with Study permits or without,
I just want bring your attention i'm from IRAQ and also i have refuse asylum from Finland before :(

Please answer me ASAP

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can apply for asylum from within Canada if you are here on a study permit. To come to Canada to study, you will need to obtain a study permit in advance. To be approved for a study permit you will need to show that you are a genuine student and that you have enough money to pay for your studies and living expenses. This means you'll need to show a bank balance of around $25,000.

egilgamesh

Sep 27, 2015
Thanks Scylla for fast and kindly respond,
So U suggest to start with Course more than Six months to get Study permit?

So , Could i before complete my course ask asylum?

and is there any advanced for Iraqis People

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - the program you take needs to be longer than six months in order to be approved for a study permit. The program you decide to take in Canada must also make sense in light of your previous studies and any work experience - otherwise CIC will not believe you are a genuine student. The first step is to apply and be accepted by a school in Canada. Then you can apply for a study permit.

In addition to showing that you have enough funds, when you apply for the study permit, you will need to include evidence that you have strong ties to your home country and that you plan to return there after your studies are completed. If CIC suspects you are going to try to use the study permit to claim asylum in Canada - it will be refused.

The fact that you have previously applied for asylum from Finland is going to work against you and you will have to work extra hard to prove that you are a genuine student with strong ties to your home country.

Make sure you declare your asylum application refusal in your study permit application to Canada. Otherwise your study permit application will be automatically refused and you will also be banned from Canada for 5 years for lying in your application.

You can apply for asylum at any time after arriving in Canada.

egilgamesh

Sep 27, 2015
So That's mean They CIC will Ask me if i asked Asylum before?

So is there any way to know my Asylum Application at Finland if i now tell him?

is there any mutual system between Canada and Finland?

I'm already have a bank statement with more than 50,000 $ and Also i have Work in my country with Good salary

And i decide to study Computer programming which is related to my Bsc

So i have just this problem (Declare my earlier asylum) ,Because i thought if i told them that ,they will refuse give me Study VISA and my chance for enter Canada will be less than if i not tell them

I just ask is there are any way to know my previous asylum application in Finland Country?

Thanks so much for your time and consideration,

Regards,

egilgamesh

Sep 27, 2015
Also Kindly please Do you know how much month at least after ask asylum to get answer about my application

really i have a lot question and i don't have another person ask him except you

please help as you could

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
egilgamesh said:
So That's mean They CIC will Ask me if i asked Asylum before?

So is there any way to know my Asylum Application at Finland if i now tell him?

is there any mutual system between Canada and Finland?
As part of the study permit application process, CIC will ask you if you have ever been refused a visa to a country or ask to leave a country. This is where you will have to declare your refused asylum application in Finland. Yes - CIC most certainly has ways of finding out if you lie in your application. Even if you aren't caugh when you are applying for a study permit - you will most certainly be caught once you are applying for asylum and this will create problems for your application. Don't lie if you want to have any future in Canada. Lying on an immigration application to Canada is a crime.

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
egilgamesh said:
Really I appreciated your efforts and i'd like to thanks you so much for your time and kindly answer
hi. If you have real fear of death, I sorry to say that question and you want protection as a refugee claimant . One more thing if your story of refugee is real and powerful then you succeed in your refugee asylum case. I hear that news from a barester if some one claim a refugee asylum at Europe or another country and his refugee asylum did not accepted after that he reach in Canada and then again claim refugee in Canada , his case will accepted definaty in Canada but one thing note that applicant should show a documents as a proof of last refugee asylum case . This thing is hundred percent true. My cousin face same thing and his previous case was helpful for his new case . Naveed