+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrival stamping in Passport for PR and TRP holders

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Hello,

I have couple of questions regarding Canada Immigration:
  • PR Holders - When Immigrants 1st enter Canada using COPR, we get arrival stamping in Passport. Post obtaining PR card, when we re-enter, I see there is no arrival stamping in passport during immigration. While our arrival details are recorded in the system by the immigration officer, is that also not accompanied with an arrival stamping in our passports?
  • TRP - My child entered Canada as a TRP using 'TRP travel DOC'. During the 1st entry, Arrival stamping was done in passport and that was it; There is no request for any photographs or mention of any TRP cards. Do people entering Canada as TRP wont get a TRP card like how PR's would get a PR card after they land? If so, while in Canada, which document should TRP holders use to prove their immigration status?
Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have couple of questions regarding Canada Immigration:
  • PR Holders - When Immigrants 1st enter Canada using COPR, we get arrival stamping in Passport. Post obtaining PR card, when we re-enter, I see there is no arrival stamping in passport during immigration. While our arrival details are recorded in the system by the immigration officer, is that also not accompanied with an arrival stamping in our passports?
  • TRP - My child entered Canada as a TRP using 'TRP travel DOC'. During the 1st entry, Arrival stamping was done in passport and that was it; There is no request for any photographs or mention of any TRP cards. Do people entering Canada as TRP wont get a TRP card like how PR's would get a PR card after they land? If so, while in Canada, which document should TRP holders use to prove their immigration status?
Thanks!
- No, it's not accompanied with an arrival stamp in your passport. PRs and citizens do not get passport stamps on arrival.
- I don't understand your second question. There is no such thing as a TRP card. The record is the arrival stamp in the passport. A TRP only allows your child to stay in Canada temporarily. I assume you are now going to sponsor your child for PR to make their status in Canada permanent.

Reactions: can_asp

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Than You @scylla for your response!

Yes, I will sponsor my child for PR to get permanent resident status in Canada!

I had actually thought so that there wouldn't be a thing called TRP card as TRP as such doesn't give a permanent immigration status; but what prompted me to check about this is the request in the letter, issued to me by IRCC, when granting the TRP, where it was stated that I must bring 2 passport size photographs for presentation to Immigration Authorities upon arrival and that they will be attached to the TRP on arrival in Canada. I came prepared but I was not asked for photographs. Arrival stamping has been done in the passport though. Hence, I was wondering if something was missed in my case. But from your response, I now know, I am good. Thank You!