+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrears for UCCB and CCTB

c0109

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hi All,

I did my landing formalities on May 9th and became a PR. I have a child and we are eligible to apply for UCCB and CCTB. I called customer care and I was informed I can apply for these benefits after I receive my PR card. I was also informed that processing would take around 80 days.

Now my question is
Do I get arrears that I missed i.e., 80 days and also the time I waited to get my PR card?

Pl help.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will receive the benefits from the moment you became eligible, including any arrears.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
c0109 said:
Hi All,

I did my landing formalities on May 9th and became a PR. I have a child and we are eligible to apply for UCCB and CCTB. I called customer care and I was informed I can apply for these benefits after I receive my PR card. I was also informed that processing would take around 80 days.

Now my question is
Do I get arrears that I missed i.e., 80 days and also the time I waited to get my PR card?

Pl help.
you do NOT need a PR card to apply for UCCB/CCTB - if you've landed directly as a PR but different rules apply to those who were on temporary visas and are now shifting to PR status.

Just fill in the forms and send them over to the CRA address mentioned on the forms. Be sure to send in copies of your landing papers, and passports (all mother/father/child) when you send in the CCTB form. Good luck. If you send in now, it might get assessed by the July 20 date - but it usually takes 3-4 months to process but it pays in arrears from the date of landing, so not to worry about that one. But apply asap.

You are able to go to any Service Canada centre and fill/printout these forms for free.