+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Areas of Training

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi can someone plz help if the education I have is in Bachelors of computer Arts than which Areas of training does it fall into?? i see Computer Science in Section A but m not sure if its same as Computer Arts. your help is appreciated

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi can someone plz help if the education I have is in Bachelors of computer Arts than which Areas of training does it fall into?? i see Computer Science in Section A but m not sure if its same as Computer Arts. your help is appreciated

Thank you
Choose Arts or Science. Assume French skills are strong for Quebec immigration as you must show proficiency in both as per Quebec immigration website. What is your score? Or is it your relatives's? Sibling only gives 5 points.

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Choose Arts or Science. Assume French skills are strong for Quebec immigration as you must show proficiency in both as per Quebec immigration website. What is your score? Or is it your relatives's? Sibling only gives 5 points.
It’s for my cousin his sister is in Montreal so that’s why chose Quebec to apply for skilled immigration. For Skills training in Section A it gives Computer Science. Can I choose this as it is same as computer arts?? Because I don’t see any skills for computer arts. U said choose Arts or Sceince I didn’t get what you mean by that. French is not the requirement as per I know so what h r saying is that he has to take French classes?? Even though it’s not the requirement

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It’s for my cousin his sister is in Montreal so that’s why chose Quebec to apply for skilled immigration. For Skills training in Section A it gives Computer Science. Can I choose this as it is same as computer arts?? Because I don’t see any skills for computer arts. U said choose Arts or Sceince I didn’t get what you mean by that. French is not the requirement as per I know so what h r saying is that he has to take French classes?? Even though it’s not the requirement
Did you even read the selection grid that is in French? Did you even read the invitation criteria?
He doesn’t have computer science degree. It will be arts or science.

Invitation criteria and their score
The invitations are sent according to one or more criteria:
Criteria related to human capital
The criteria are as follows:
  • knowledge of French;
  • combined knowledge of French and English;
  • age;
  • length of professional experience;
  • level of education.
Criteria related to the needs of the labour market in Québec and government priorities
  • workforce diagnosis. This can be combined with the length of experience in the profession practised;
  • field of training;
  • Québec diploma;
  • length of professional experience in Québec;
  • length of professional experience in the rest of Canada;
  • validated job offer This can be combined with the place of employment, depending on whether it is located inside or outside the territory of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal.
Criteria related to the spouse or de facto spouse (if applicable):
  • knowledge of French;
  • level of education.
  • Québec diploma

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
It's Quebec- you need decent French knowledge. It's pretty much a requirement with the changes the Quebec gov't is putting in place. Computer Arts and Computer Science are also not the same thing.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl