+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Areas of Training: information Technology not in the list of training

jagdeepmalhi

Jul 29, 2016
I have completed Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology(4 years) and Master of Technology in Information Technology (3 year- Part Time).
I would like to know whether Bachelor/Master of Technology in Information Technology falls under Area of Training A? I cannot find this course under any category. However, Bachelors in Computer Science and Computer Engineering lies under Area of Training A.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Use computer science as area of training. MIDI asks for transcripts with detailed lists of courses taken. Once MIDI sees that courses you have taken during your Bachelors/Masters matches with Computer Science track folks , you will get AOT = Computer Science points.

This topic has been discussed several times in past in this forum.

jagdeepmalhi

Jul 29, 2016
jagdeepmalhi said:
I have completed Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology(4 years) and Master of Technology in Information Technology (3 year- Part Time).
I would like to know whether Bachelor/Master of Technology in Information Technology falls under Area of Training A? I cannot find this course under any category. However, Bachelors in Computer Science and Computer Engineering lies under Area of Training A.
Actually, I already applied in Aug 2016 intake through "Mon Projet Quebec Immigration". There is no option to select Area of Training. I do not know how they can evaluate AOT points.