+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are visa officers supposed to review my application and medical exam result in parallel?

maple dimple

Apr 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm a prospective international student from China for the 2022 fall intake. I didn't submit my application yet but I already had my first medical exam on March 23, 2022 and then I got an email that instructed me to do an additional one. And I did that(a Sputum test) on April 2, 2022. Also, I was told to have another chest X-Ray after three months.
Now I'm very concerned about the possibility of getting my study permit before September. My question is whether submitting my application before I get my final exam result would buy me some time. I mean if visa officers tend to start to review applicants' other materials even before they get their final exam results? If the assessment of my other materials goes well, would they approve my study permit as soon as they receive my final exam result? Additionally, do you suggest I apply for a regular study permit or SDS? I've heard that SDS processing time for Chinese applicants is pretty long recently.

Thank you very much.