+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are Sales and Real Estate Jobs in demand?

Jan 21, 2023
Hi all.

I have 9+ years experience as a Real Estate agent in my country. I do fairly well here and have great experience and skills. I would like to know if Sales jobs are in demand in Canada? I am looking to migrate there and probably get a Sales job. I could possibly go into Real Estate too but that'll take about 6-12 months for me to study, do the exams and get the license. I am also open to working in other industries as I am quite adaptable and am willing to learn. Wondering what are my chances of getting a decent job in Canada?

Thank you for your input.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all.

I have 9+ years experience as a Real Estate agent in my country. I do fairly well here and have great experience and skills. I would like to know if Sales jobs are in demand in Canada? I am looking to migrate there and probably get a Sales job. I could possibly go into Real Estate too but that'll take about 6-12 months for me to study, do the exams and get the license. I am also open to working in other industries as I am quite adaptable and am willing to learn. Wondering what are my chances of getting a decent job in Canada?

What program are you immigrating through? Have you completed your ECA and IELTS and eligible for Express Entry?

What type of sales job? Are you fluent in French and English? If not highly skilled and no Canadian experience, expect to get a job that pays the bills until you can figure out your career plan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all.

There are such a large number of real estate agents in Canada it is pretty ridiculous. Due to the increase in housing prices over the past 2 decades so many people became real estate agents. Some do very well in real estate but many have another job as well because the don’t get enough sales to support their family. As a newcomer real estate is difficult because real estate is all about having a huge network of people who will either use you to buy/sell a home or refer their friends and family to buy/sell a home. Very few rentals are done by real estate agents in Canada which is different than in other countries. If you don’t have any experience in sales other than real estate it may be quite difficult to get a job. If you are doing well is there a certain reason you want to move to Canada?

Jan 21, 2023
There are such a large number of real estate agents in Canada it is pretty ridiculous. Due to the increase in housing prices over the past 2 decades so many people became real estate agents. Some do very well in real estate but many have another job as well because the don’t get enough sales to support their family. As a newcomer real estate is difficult because real estate is all about having a huge network of people who will either use you to buy/sell a home or refer their friends and family to buy/sell a home. Very few rentals are done by real estate agents in Canada which is different than in other countries. If you don’t have any experience in sales other than real estate it may be quite difficult to get a job. If you are doing well is there a certain reason you want to move to Canada?
Thanks for your reply! I'm just not happy in my country due to a few reasons and I want to move. Canada seems to be the most ideal choice in terms of what I'm looking for. I am open to working in other sales jobs and even in hospitality etc. I don't expect to be earning as much as I earn now in my country right away but I am more focused on wanting to be happy, hence the reason to move.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply! I'm just not happy in my country due to a few reasons and I want to move. Canada seems to be the most ideal choice in terms of what I'm looking for. I am open to working in other sales jobs and even in hospitality etc. I don't expect to be earning as much as I earn now in my country right away but I am more focused on wanting to be happy, hence the reason to move.
Have you looked to see if you qualify for PR?