+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are Bank Statement(s) of the Employer Required if all the Costs of the Studies will be Sponsored by the Employer?

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for a Canadian study permit with my employer sponsoring my studies. My question is regarding the proof of funds requirement.

Does anyone know if I still need to submit bank statements of the employer along with my application (with my bank statements), even though my employer is covering all my study costs? How about for big size company where its bank statement of one day would be like 100 pages.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for a Canadian study permit with my employer sponsoring my studies. My question is regarding the proof of funds requirement.

Does anyone know if I still need to submit bank statements of the employer along with my application (with my bank statements), even though my employer is covering all my study costs? How about for big size company where its bank statement of one day would be like 100 pages.
Is it a Masters/PhD? Are you single? Usually IRCC doesn’t accept business accounts. Would the business consider paying your tuition directly, and then you set up a Canadian GIC that covers your living expenses for the length of your program?

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Is it a Masters/PhD? Are you single? Usually IRCC doesn’t accept business accounts. Would the business consider paying your tuition directly, and then you set up a Canadian GIC that covers your living expenses for the length of your program?
It is a masters. I am married. Yes, the business/employer would be happy and considers paying the tuition directly to the university, whereas other expenses would be deposited on my personal bank account. The only issue is that the business/employer would pay the tuition after having secured a study permit. Please advise me what i can do. can I go ahead and apply for study permit showing my personal bank account statements and assets whereas for the business/employer i would only show the sponsorship letter together with my attachment to the business as an employee, salary certificates, employment contract, employment certificate etc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is a masters. I am married. Yes, the business/employer would be happy and considers paying the tuition directly to the university, whereas other expenses would be deposited on my personal bank account. The only issue is that the business/employer would pay the tuition after having secured a study permit. Please advise me what i can do. can I go ahead and apply for study permit showing my personal bank account statements and assets whereas for the business/employer i would only show the sponsorship letter together with my attachment to the business as an employee, salary certificates, employment contract, employment certificate etc
You can try. As I said, IRCC may not accept business accounts. If employer ”dumps” $40k into your account you will have to address where the money came from and why.

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Great. Thank you for the advice. Let me start preparing my application, i will submit it by the end of this february.