+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC with a departure order turned deportation from failed refugee request as a child

samuelgarcia

Nov 18, 2020
Hey, my name is Samuel García, I'm 22 yo from Mexico. Back in 2008, my family and I went to Whitehorse and stayed there for almost three years under a refugee request that failed. We were asked to leave but failed to do so in the requested time and overstayed for several days, I still have a document that a departure order turned into a deportation order and the cause of removal as A36. In March I qualified for the ITU Triathlon Grand Final in Edmonton for July 2021. Our situation right now is much better that before and I'm currently enrolled in one of the best universities in Mexico with a small art business of my own. My question is: Do I have to apply for an ARC even if I was deported as a child? Also if I would need stronger ties back here or anything that would give this situation a better forecast. Thank you all for your time

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, my name is Samuel García, I'm 22 yo from Mexico. Back in 2008, my family and I went to Whitehorse and stayed there for almost three years under a refugee request that failed. We were asked to leave but failed to do so in the requested time and overstayed for several days, I still have a document that a departure order turned into a deportation order and the cause of removal as A36. In March I qualified for the ITU Triathlon Grand Final in Edmonton for July 2021. Our situation right now is much better that before and I'm currently enrolled in one of the best universities in Mexico with a small art business of my own. My question is: Do I have to apply for an ARC even if I was deported as a child? Also if I would need stronger ties back here or anything that would give this situation a better forecast. Thank you all for your time
Yes you will need to go through the ARC process. Yes, it's a good idea to show evidence of ties to your home country.

Reactions: samuelgarcia

samuelgarcia

Nov 18, 2020
Yes you will need to go through the ARC process. Yes, it's a good idea to show evidence of ties to your home country.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think that the refugee situation will make it harder? What could be the odds of it going through successfully?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply. Do you think that the refugee situation will make it harder? What could be the odds of it going through successfully?
It does generally make it much harder. What works in your favour is that you were a minor at the time and this was over a decade ago. I don't think any of us here can guess the odds.

Reactions: samuelgarcia

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that there are triathlons weekly across the world you should explain why you need/want to do the one in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It´s the ITU World Grand Final. I qualified to represent my country last March. I hope that´s a valid reason
Definitely try applying. Again, it works in your favour that you were deported as a minor. I would apply right now. ARCs can take a very long time to process.

lumeac

Mar 21, 2022
Did you apply for ARC? I went through the same situation