+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC - Sponsorship - Need Your Help

ash309

Jun 16, 2008
Etobicoke
Hey all....I really need advise - my history is as follows:

2003: Entered Canada (i was 15) with my parents on refugee bases.

2006: case rejected and so was the appeal.

2006: Hired a lawyer to submit our H&C - he took the money but DID NOTHING - 2 years passed with him telling us that it´s a lengthy process and takes a lot of time

2008: Removal turned into Deportation - As soon as I found out about it I saved up money and left Canada voluntarily on my own - On departure I was issued my Certificate of Departure and also told about having to apply for ARC (AUTHORIZATION TO RETURN TO CANADA) if I ever want to return

2009: Got engaged to my Boyfriend (together since 2004) who is a Canadian citizen in Pakistan

Now we are planning to get married in 2010 - so my questions are as follow:

1.) What are the chances that my ARC or Sponsorship maybe rejected (we have our engagement photos and tons of chat scripts, emails, Skype call records)?

2.) How long does the (A) Spouse Sponsorship - (B) ARC take to be approved?

3.) What can we do to make our case stronger?

4.) We might just get our Nikkah (Muslim marriage) done on phone (common for marriages that require immigration paperwork before couple can be together)- will that be a negative point or should my fiance just come down to get the Nikkah done?

Any and all help/advice will be appreciated.

Ash

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. I know nothing about ARC. Your sponsorship/PR application will be evaluated on the individual merits. The more evidence you have the better. Nobody can tell you what your individual chance is except the gov't officer deciding your application.
2. The timelines change all the time. You can find the most current processing times at www.cic.gc.ca
3. Spend more time together, do more things together, communicate more... and include proof of this with your application.
4. I don't know if they accept telephonic marriages. They do accept in-person proxy marriages if legal in the jurisdiction where they were performed. You should remember that Canada as a nation only accepts in-person marriages domestically, so it will most likely appear better for your application if the marriage is done in person.