May 2, 2022
Waiting since March 19th
No update yet
Went to MLA’s office last week
They are going to take follow up this week

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Yuv27 , can you please tell what is MLA’s office? And how do they help?

Thanks in advance.
MLA is a provincial member of parliament. Person may have meant MP. If you live in Canada, your MP is your representative for parliament based on where you live. Government of website lists MPs or google your city/town/region and MP. An MP cannot expedite the process but find out where your application is in the process.

Anunay

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
MLA is a provincial member of parliament. Person may have meant MP. If you live in Canada, your MP is your representative for parliament based on where you live. Government of website lists MPs or google your city/town/region and MP. An MP cannot expedite the process but find out where your application is in the process.
Thank you for the info. I applied for visitor visa in March. My spouse studies in canada. Can she request the MLA’s office on my visa application status? She is neither a citizen, nor a PR.
Also, should the enquiry be made over a physical visit or online?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the info. I applied for visitor visa in March. My spouse studies in canada. Can she request the MLA’s office on my visa application status? She is neither a citizen, nor a PR.
Also, should the enquiry be made over a physical visit or online?

Thanks
Your wife can contact her MP but the MP cannot expedite the process. The MP can ask about status. Where did you apply from? If she is studying why did you not apply for a SOWP. Are you really visiting?

Anunay

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
Your wife can contact her MP but the MP cannot expedite the process. The MP can ask about status. Where did you apply from? If she is studying why did you not apply for a SOWP. Are you really visiting?
I applied from Singapore. I am Indian citizen but live in Singapore for work. I did not have a plan to relocate to Canada while applying. We planned to have visits as and when we could find time( school holidays etc). Our 7 year old son also studies here in Singapore. When we applied, the estimated time was 34 days for Visitor visa and 150 days for SWOP. But it is getting very difficult, as we cant make planned visits. We are still looking for the visitor visa. Later may plan SWOP. But first, we need the opportunity to make planned visits.

ubecca

May 15, 2017
I have applied for my spouse visitor visa through new portal, she is in India right now and I am in Canada and I have applied myself.
Timeline
Date of submission 19 may
Biometric day 6 June
Biometric updated 6 June
Current Status “Submitted”
They have mentioned this "We'll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application".
Are they following this or not.
Hello, please have you gotten any response now or your visa issued?