+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permit with Herpes

Fashi

Feb 3, 2023
Hello,

I have herpes. I am applying for the study permit but I'm concerned that I might be declared medically inadmissible. Can anyone advise based on personal experience or opinion?

Thanks,

Fashi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have herpes. I am applying for the study permit but I'm concerned that I might be declared medically inadmissible. Can anyone advise based on personal experience or opinion?

Thanks,

Fashi
It shouldn’t impact admissibility. If it is treatable you should seek treatment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not treatable. It's a virus.
Most Viruses are treatable fyi. Depending what kind of herpes and other issues like whether there are any open sores there are treatment options available although not a cure for herpes. Herpes isn’t an issue for medical approval. If genital herpes you should advising any potential partner in Canada of your disease status before having sex. Knowing you have a condition that is sexually transmissible and not informing a partner can end up being a crime. Usually doesn’t go that far but knowing you are a carrier, even if you don’t have visible herpes, you are expected to advise a partner in Canada because you want to try to avoid passing infecting someone else.