+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permit from the US using the online application

Nishachander

Jun 29, 2014
Hi, I am an international student currently residing in the US. I got into a phd program in Vancouver and have submitted the online application for the study permit and trv along with all the required documents. After submitting and paying the fee, I received an email to my cic page with a confirmation of submission and receipt number. This was over 3 weeks ago and I have not seen any other update regarding my application. Based on the processing time listed for the the embassy in LA ( which processes student visa's) the processing time says 10weeks. Has anyone applied for a student visa using the online application before from the US? It would be great if you could give me some information regarding how long the processing took and when I might expect to see that they have atleast started processing the application.
Thanks for the help in advance!

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Hello Nisha ,
To my knowledge the processing time for L.A is 10 weeks ..! You won't be updated until you hear a decision from the CIC.!
So have patients and keep your fingers crossed ! All the best! Hope your U.S visa won't expire before that!

nour_nrc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Study Permit Online USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
N/A
Nishachander said:
Hi, I am an international student currently residing in the US. I got into a phd program in Vancouver and have submitted the online application for the study permit and trv along with all the required documents. After submitting and paying the fee, I received an email to my cic page with a confirmation of submission and receipt number. This was over 3 weeks ago and I have not seen any other update regarding my application. Based on the processing time listed for the the embassy in LA ( which processes student visa's) the processing time says 10weeks. Has anyone applied for a student visa using the online application before from the US? It would be great if you could give me some information regarding how long the processing took and when I might expect to see that they have atleast started processing the application.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Did you get your study permit?