+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Student Permit in Fall Session

keeeem

Aug 23, 2011
Hello guys,

I reside in Nigeria and I have just been offered admission by the University of Manitoba for a second degree in Science. I could not be admitted for M.Sc because I had lower scores.

I got my admission letter yesterday and the session is supposed to start in September. Visa takes at least 3 months to process from here. Do I write the school to defer the admission to January? Will that still be in order?

I am asking all these questions because in the admission letter I was told that ' This acceptance is valid only for the term for which it is issued' which is September 2011

I will appreciate suggestions on the way forward from people on this forum as I have been asked to pay CAD70 for letter of acceptance

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeeem said:
Hello guys,

I reside in Nigeria and I have just been offered admission by the University of Manitoba for a second degree in Science. I could not be admitted for M.Sc because I had lower scores.

I got my admission letter yesterday and the session is supposed to start in September. Visa takes at least 3 months to process from here. Do I write the school to defer the admission to January? Will that still be in order?

I am asking all these questions because in the admission letter I was told that ' This acceptance is valid only for the term for which it is issued' which is September 2011

I will appreciate suggestions on the way forward from people on this forum as I have been asked to pay CAD70 for letter of acceptance
Even if you apply for student visa for September intake, most likely you will be asked by Visa Office to get deferral letter for next intake. And it won't be possible for you to get the same (as you said admission offer is valid only for September Intake)

so, before you shell out $70 send an email to the University and ask for "possible chances for deferral" . If you get the same, its great ! (otherwise you will only end up wasting $70 + Visa fee + Medical fee)

keeeem

Aug 23, 2011
@enfield

Thank you for the response. I am doing just that and expecting to hear from the school before going ahead as advised