+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for pgwp outside Canada

paki_asp

May 24, 2014
Hey,

I recently graduated and will be applying for pgwp in start of January. However, I'm going home for few weeks and was wondering if I could apply for pgwp online while I'm outside Canada?

I will obviously put Canada as country of residence and the Canadian mailing address. Basically I want to put application in process in Canada not my home country.

Has anyone ever done that before? does that work? Any risks or concerns?

P.s. I have valid TRV and study permit till the end of March 2017. I'll be back before March.

Thank you for reading!

Aftermath

Star Member
Dec 25, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Hey there,

You can definitely do that and I personally feel no problem in the process. You are 'technically' applying for PGWP from inside Canada ;). I haven't done it nor I have heard someone has done the same, but if you have a valid TRV and enough time, there seems no problem.

Thanks.

Mythman

Oct 8, 2016
paki_asp said:
Hey,

I recently graduated and will be applying for pgwp in start of January. However, I'm going home for few weeks and was wondering if I could apply for pgwp online while I'm outside Canada?

I will obviously put Canada as country of residence and the Canadian mailing address. Basically I want to put application in process in Canada not my home country.

P.s. I have valid TRV and study permit till the end of March 2017. I'll be back before March.

Thank you for reading!
I am not sure why you'd say your country of residence is Canada while not being in Canada. Once you start the procedure, the website will ask you bunch of questions and based on that will give you the document checklist. It's best to call CIC as well if you're not sure.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Mythman said:
I am not sure why you'd say your country of residence is Canada while not being in Canada. Once you start the procedure, the website will ask you bunch of questions and based on that will give you the document checklist. It's best to call CIC as well if you're not sure.
but surely the OP is just out of the country on vacation so technically still has a base in Canada and is not resetting residence in home country? OP just needs to ensure application is in within the 90 Day window and really not stay out more than a few weeks, now until March might be a stretch but thats a personal view others can comment.

paki_asp

May 24, 2014
Thank you Bs65 for the comment. That's exactly what I meant. I've started the application and filled out all the forms and questionnaire as well. In the form country of residence is already Canada. I can't change it.

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
Hey,

Thank you for reading!
Bro, I am in a same situation like you. I have completed graduation in January from uOttawa and I am currently on vacations at my home (Pakistan). I need to apply for PGWP. Technically, I reside in Canada and I will be back in April so Can I chose Inside Canada for applying PGWP? If No, then Can I put my Canadian Address while choosing outside Canada for my PGWP? If I put my current address in PGWP application, the permit will come at my current home address and I won't be there to receive it that's why I need to put Canadian Address if I chose outside Canada to apply for PGWP as the processing times is 17 weeks for PGWP applications from Pakistan. Please advice.
I am in the same situation like you.
Will be thankful on your response. Please help