+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for permanent residency

ice

Feb 8, 2008
I would like to apply for permanent residency in Canada. I acquired my first degree in Canada. I am aware that there are three categories to which I can apply but i really dont know which one would suit me better. And would it make sense to apply to the provinces that have a shortage of young people, or do it not matter.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
R u currently in canada? If yes then you could apply from canada and you do not need to show that large sum of funds ($10000)

Jun 5, 2008
ice said:
I would like to apply for permanent residency in Canada. I acquired my first degree in Nigeria. I am aware that there are three categories to which I can apply but i really dont know which one would suit me better. And would it make sense to apply to the provinces that have a shortage of young people, or do it not matter.

Abhi2285

Mar 7, 2017
Hello,

My wife & I got Canada Visa (Saskatchewan Province) which is expiring in July 2017.

We cant go there for long term as of now.

Can we both go there for 1-2 weeks,apply for PR and provide a local address and come back?

Once PR Card arrives, our friend can courier us that?

Then we can go to Canada later whenever we want to?

Is the above option legal and possible?

Regards,
Abhishek

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Abhi2285 said:
Hello,

My wife & I got Canada Visa (Saskatchewan Province) which is expiring in July 2017.

We cant go there for long term as of now.

Can we both go there for 1-2 weeks,apply for PR and provide a local address and come back?

Once PR Card arrives, our friend can courier us that?

Then we can go to Canada later whenever we want to?

Is the above option legal and possible?

Regards,
Abhishek
Yes - you can do that. Keep in mind that to keep your PR status you must live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years. So if you stay out of Canada for three years, you will then need to return and live here for 2 years straight.

Abhi2285

Mar 7, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Living straight 2 years after 3 years is not an issue.

My only concern was if we don't arrive till July 2017, our VISA will expire and we cant stay there long for this time.

So landing in Saskatchewan once and applying for PR Card at our friend's address. We can come back and then he can courier us.This should be legal and accepted and we should not face any issue when we go to Canada after a couple of years.

Regards,
Abhishek

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abhi2285 said:
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Living straight 2 years after 3 years is not an issue.

My only concern was if we don't arrive till July 2017, our VISA will expire and we cant stay there long for this time.

So landing in Saskatchewan once and applying for PR Card at our friend's address. We can come back and then he can courier us.This should be legal and accepted and we should not face any issue when we go to Canada after a couple of years.

Regards,
Abhishek
Unless they ask you to pick up the PR card in person at the local office or if they want you to go in for an interview.

rockey78886

Mar 14, 2017
Hi
Im grom pakistan and i have multiple visa with my wife and three childrens so i want to know that i could apply for PR during my stay in canada and wht is the requirement for PR thanks

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockey78886 said:
Hi
Im grom pakistan and i have multiple visa with my wife and three childrens so i want to know that i could apply for PR during my stay in canada and wht is the requirement for PR thanks
You would need to apply from Pakistan.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Blueboy1980 said:
Unless they ask you to pick up the PR card in person at the local office or if they want you to go in for an interview.
If they are doing PR landing so this is very first PR card, then it will be mailed and there will not be any interview for the card. Being asked to pick up card in person is for PR card renewals.