+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Permanent Residence without knowing French from Quebec

starboy123

Jul 26, 2020
As the title says, what are my options to apply for permanent residency while working for my company in Montreal and without knowing any French? I have masters degree from USA as Software Engineer and I meet the 59 point cut off.

Thanks in advance

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
As the title says, what are my options to apply for permanent residency while working for my company in Montreal and without knowing any French? I have masters degree from USA as Software Engineer and I meet the 59 point cut off.

Thanks in advance
Unlike other provinces, in Quebec you need to get csq before PR.

PEQ isn't an option without french.
Arrima has in past invited a few select people without french and they got csq also.

What I have heard is that Mifi is gonna tighten and enforce french requirement in Arrima as well (soon). Cutoff or no cutoff won't matter then. As the previous immigration minister said, Arrima is gonna be tinder of immigration. The only problem is that MIFI is the only one having fun with this tinder arrangement as applicants are left at their sadistic mercy. What matters more to Mifi is the fees that you pay, rather than you as an applicant.

If you have chance of getting job elsewhere, metaphorically speaking - even a remote island, where you are the only inhabitant, escape if it entails PR in a set timeframe.

All the best.

mrpollo

Sep 17, 2020
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
20-05-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
Med's Request
18-01-2021
Med's Done....
02-02-2021
As other person mention in post, please look in other provinces less trouble on the long run.

if you really want to live in quebec for wathever reason if much faster learn french an apply for peq than arrima and even that is not guarantee for a CSQ.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks in advance
Either learn French or move to a different province.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Unlike other provinces, in Quebec you need to get csq before PR.

PEQ isn't an option without french.
Arrima has in past invited a few select people without french and they got csq also.

What I have heard is that Mifi is gonna tighten and enforce french requirement in Arrima as well (soon). Cutoff or no cutoff won't matter then. As the previous immigration minister said, Arrima is gonna be tinder of immigration. The only problem is that MIFI is the only one having fun with this tinder arrangement as applicants are left at their sadistic mercy. What matters more to Mifi is the fees that you pay, rather than you as an applicant.

If you have chance of getting job elsewhere, metaphorically speaking - even a remote island, where you are the only inhabitant, escape if it entails PR in a set timeframe.

All the best.
Its Quebec, French is the official language . It would be like moving to France only speaking English & expecting them to change for you
People seriously should do their homework before moving or attempting to move

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I don't really understand your answer to the previous message. Nobody expects from Québec to change. Québec's immigration policy accepts people without speaking French.
The problem with Québec is that they don't respect their own rules and laws. Their processes are ridiculously long compared to the other provinces and they aren't reliable at all.

Reactions: Immstu

starboy123

Jul 26, 2020
Its Quebec, French is the official language . It would be like moving to France only speaking English & expecting them to change for you
People seriously should do their homework before moving or attempting to move
nobody is expecting them to change, just that their views towards English seems odd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
nobody is expecting them to change, just that their views towards English seems odd
They were attracting a large number of English speaking immigrants because it was easier to get accepted although it took longer. The goal of immigration programs is to retain immigrants for the longterm but many did not want to learn French and never really wanted to settle in Quebec. Many families also hadn‘t realized their children would have to attend a French school. Many acted like Quebec was purposefully ruining their children’s lives and their futures even if their children were very young. Learning many languages has actually proven to be beneficial. Quebec wants to make sure that French continues to be the dominant language spoken which is one of the reasons that children of immigrants are required to enrol in French school. Not unlike other countries and communities, Quebec want ps to make sure language and traditions continue for generations to come.

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
As other person mention in post, please look in other provinces less trouble on the long run.

if you really want to live in quebec for wathever reason if much faster learn french an apply for peq than arrima and even that is not guarantee for a CSQ.
Why so ? In 2020 they announced any one with Quebec Work exp of 2 yrs in last 3 and French Lvl 7 elgiible for Quebec Exp Class PR Rite ?

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa

Thanks in advance
Hello,
Yes it is possible. Please check with your employer to process VJO. After VJO approval, you may be invited for CSQ . After CSQ approval, you may apply for Federal.

However MIFI may apply different criteria every time when they pick from arrima EOI pool.