+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for OHIP with PGWP

potatobeans

May 6, 2020
Hello everyone, has anyone applied for OHIP with PGWP recently?

I am wondering if Service Ontario requires the letter from the employer to state "full time" instead of the number of hours?

When I called them and asked if I could use my offer letter as it has the job position, my start and end date, etc., they said that it would be fine. I only noticed recently that my offer letter states 35 hours/week instead of full time, and I'm wondering whether they will reject it because of this.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello everyone, has anyone applied for OHIP with PGWP recently?

I am wondering if Service Ontario requires the letter from the employer to state "full time" instead of the number of hours?

When I called them and asked if I could use my offer letter as it has the job position, my start and end date, etc., they said that it would be fine. I only noticed recently that my offer letter states 35 hours/week instead of full time, and I'm wondering whether they will reject it because of this.
Where did you call, I'm wondering if different offices apply slightly different rules?
A friend recently got his and they gave him a rather strict set of requirements which seem to be stricter than the official ones. I am trying to find it but letter has to be actually signed a printout wouldn't do, which was a problem due to remote work and had to state a bunch of stuff specifically.

potatobeans

May 6, 2020
Where did you call, I'm wondering if different offices apply slightly different rules?
A friend recently got his and they gave him a rather strict set of requirements which seem to be stricter than the official ones. I am trying to find it but letter has to be actually signed a printout wouldn't do, which was a problem due to remote work and had to state a bunch of stuff specifically.
I called this number: 416-326-1234

I received my health card already. They were okay with a digitally signed letter.