+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry from Quebec***

Sam Ghm

Feb 8, 2021
Hi
I am in a similar situation now. Do you mind sharing what happend to your case eventually? I got my Master's from Ontario and worked there for a while. I am studying PhD in Quebec now and am thinking of quitting the program and going back to Ontario if I cannot get the PR while I am studying in Quebec.
Hi. Did you quit your phd? Did you apply from Quebec or Ontario? Did you have to pay back your stipends to the university after quitting? I am in a similar situation. Please help

GSolanki

Oct 11, 2022
Hi all,

I currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. I came here last year on work permit via. International Experience Canada. My current work permit expires in February and I wish to live in Canada. I am not planning to live in Quebec after my job in February, as I don't speak french and cannot learn it in a few months.

I got all my documents ECA, CELPIP and other documents ready to apply for express entry.

My question is can I apply for express entry and show my current Montreal address as point of contact? The reason I asked this is because people have given me mixed responses on this, and I am not sure what to do now? With all honestly, I am more than willing to move out of Quebec if I receive PR or even ITA.

Please respond with what will be the best option for me as I wish to apply for express entry asap with out waiting further and loosing my options.

Any help will helpful!
Hi there, I'm also in similar situation. If you still following this thread please let me know how did you apply for cec from quebec and did you face any hiccups along the way?

peykaf

Jan 4, 2023
Hi, I have a question with regard to showing the intent to live outside Quebec. At which stage of the process do we have to show this? I have received the invitation, and have two months to submit it. Should it be at this phase with a letter? Or later? Can anyone please let me know, thanks :)

Nick12345

Apr 15, 2019
Hi, I have a question with regard to showing the intent to live outside Quebec. At which stage of the process do we have to show this? I have received the invitation, and have two months to submit it. Should it be at this phase with a letter? Or later? Can anyone please let me know, thanks :)
Hey there, I had a similar case as yours. I provided my bank statements as a part of financial proof of income which had Ontario address. You can provide someone's address in Ontario whom you trust while you apply for PR application post ITA (to be on the safe side) which is the worst case scenario. Best case scenario is: you can move outside the province of Quebec - I presume you're employers are not in Quebec? But honestly, either way works - whatever works best for you. In my case, I provided Ontario address (Toronto as my employers are in Toronto) and for PR card, I provided my friend's address in Ottawa for delivery thing. Hope that answered your questions :) Good luck!

peykaf

Jan 4, 2023
Hey there, I had a similar case as yours. I provided my bank statements as a part of financial proof of income which had Ontario address. You can provide someone's address in Ontario whom you trust while you apply for PR application post ITA (to be on the safe side) which is the worst case scenario. Best case scenario is: you can move outside the province of Quebec - I presume you're employers are not in Quebec? But honestly, either way works - whatever works best for you. In my case, I provided Ontario address (Toronto as my employers are in Toronto) and for PR card, I provided my friend's address in Ottawa for delivery thing. Hope that answered your questions :) Good luck!
Thanks for your response!
As a matter of fact, my employer is in Quebec (a permanent job), is in Quebec. However, I have a job offer from Ontario which is for a few months in the future.

So, just to see if I understand correctly, now that I have received the invitation to apply, it is better to put my address as somewhere in Ontario (for instance) and not my current address in Quebec?

Nick12345

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for your response!
As a matter of fact, my employer is in Quebec (a permanent job), is in Quebec. However, I have a job offer from Ontario which is for a few months in the future.

So, just to see if I understand correctly, now that I have received the invitation to apply, it is better to put my address as somewhere in Ontario (for instance) and not my current address in Quebec?
In your case, I think it's okay that your employers are in Quebec as long as you can prove that your intention is to live outside of Quebec. You can explain in your letter of explanation that you've worked for XYZ employer in Quebec # of months/years but since you have a new offer from an Ontario employer, you're planning to relocate - basically, you need to have a residential address outside of Quebec regardless of where your employers are located (from my understanding). I'd recommend you consult an immigration agent (maybe a quick session) just to clarify your concerns. In my opinion, you must put your address in Ontario while applying. I hope that helps!

Reactions: peykaf
Jan 22, 2023
hello, so will it be okay If I mention in my letter of intent that I have an address where I will be moving to once I get my PR, by attaching a lease of that apartment? Looking forward to hearing some opinion on this.

Nick12345

Apr 15, 2019
hello, so will it be okay If I mention in my letter of intent that I have an address where I will be moving to once I get my PR, by attaching a lease of that apartment? Looking forward to hearing some opinion on this.
You need to provide residential address outside the province of Quebec while applying. They won't issue you PR if your address is in Quebec as per the eligibility rules mentioned on IRCC website.

Jan 22, 2023
You need to provide residential address outside the province of Quebec while applying. They won't issue you PR if your address is in Quebec as per the eligibility rules mentioned on IRCC website.
Thank you for the reply. On which step/ Where would I be uploading the document stating that? Once I have done uploading the documents as per the checklist or as one of the supporting documents? The eligibility rule does say that I have to reside in a province apart from Quebec once I receive PR. i would be grateful if you can share that link.

Nick12345

Apr 15, 2019
Thank you for the reply. On which step/ Where would I be uploading the document stating that? Once I have done uploading the documents as per the checklist or as one of the supporting documents? The eligibility rule does say that I have to reside in a province apart from Quebec once I receive PR.
You can upload under financial statements from your bank under financial support section. In order to finalize your PR by officer, your address has to be outside of Quebec else they'll refuse it